WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

NEED ADVICE

Donnie MoneyDonnie Money subscriber Posts: 1 Member
<b>I worked for general electric, I no longer do I have a one time deal I can withdrawl my pension and 20 years of interest without any penalties. The amount is 35,000. My question I want to invest in a Subway store . I just figure as the restaurant business goes that would have to be one of the easier one to start up. I'm thinking that my wife and I put in 40+ work weeks until we made enough profit to start another. Then hire employees for store #1. Then repeat on store#2 and so forth until we have 3 or 4 stores. If anyone thinks this is a bad idea or have any other ideas for startup business TELL ME PLEASE. </b>

Answers

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    While taking out your pension money would be a risky proposition, I always believe in the entrepreneurial spirit, and if that's what you think you want to do, then do extensive research, talk to people in the industry and determine whether or not it is right for you. 

Actually, one of the most popular discussion topics in this forum asks what the average income of a Subway owner is. There are 90 comments full of advice and what to expect if you own a Subway franchise. It also has projections of what you can expect to earn. Check it out below. 

https://community.startupnation.com/discussion/8830/whats-the-average-income-of-a-subway-restaurant-owner 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    MWCCMWCC subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Hey Ryan,

Saw you head this forum/website and was hoping to connect with you via email/phone. I'm actually right out of Chicago and had something I wanted to speak to you about as it looks like you're in network with many startups and had something I think that we could both benefit from and bring a lot of value to your group. If possible email me: rich.r@midwestcorporatecredit.com or call me 630.974.5504 if possible. I'm not sure how to directly message on here or that's the route I would of initially taken. Thanks, Rich
  • Options
    ShaneMurrayShaneMurray subscriber Posts: 25 Member
    All I can tell you is that Subway is an excellent franchise, but not the only one that you must open. From the one side, it looks like the easiest franchises to work with: enhanced and effective. And at the same time, it's perfect to start in order to deal with other more complex franchises in the future. But you should also remember that you'll need at least a few stores to make a good living.