WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Seed Funding Negotiating (fantasy sports)?

jlawrence76jlawrence76 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
I have a startup in the the sports contest setting not in the exact realm of fantasy sports but catered to same market.

I am currently looking to work with multiple investors, and a question came up. If I am doing a convertible nor or safe contract and each investors do not agree on the valuation cap, can each contract be different value cap, discount rate, or does it need to be standard across the board.

One mentioned that to an attorney and he stated that is a very complex and expensive situation.

My thoughts are its no different that just negotiating terms?

LASTLY. I am currently entertaining other investors. Product is ready yo be launched now

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited September 2017
    That's a very interesting question, @jlawrence76. I wish I could tell you I had an answer for you, but I don't and I do not want to give you bad advice. 

My only recommendation would be to find a free consultation with another attorney who understands the ins-and-outs of contracts/investor agreements, and pick his brain. 

Please, keep me updated on what you are able to find out. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC