WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What do you think about Whatsapp marketing ?

zyra katezyra kate subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
Whatsapp is one of those famous chat platform, where there are no ads of any sort. Their no spam policy has made it extremely difficult for marketers to tap into just like other social media platforms, Hence, marketers should have a different approach on Whatsapp marketing.

Please give your valuable suggestions, so that we can discuss on this.

Comments

• jimmy johnsonjimmy johnson subscriber Posts: 39 Bronze Level Member
    Whatsapp marketing is still in its initial phase, so, it's still not a good option to invest money Plus I think it's more personal to the user so, people will easily become irritated by ads!!
  • zyra katezyra kate subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    edited July 2017
    > @"jimmy johnson" said:
    > Whatsapp marketing is still in its initial phase, so, it's still not a good option to invest money Plus I think it's more personal to the user so, people will easily become irritated by ads!!

@"jimmy johnson"

I agree with your statement. The ads need not be pop-ups /spam like which will infact irritate the users, I feel the approach should be more personal like making users to engage, or ask them for suggestions,etc,.
  • Raza-AssociatesRaza-Associates subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    I dont think Whatsapp marketing is good at this time, whatsapp is a massenger not a social media platform for marketing.
    @Raza-Associates, Marketers can tap it's potential in a different way, unlike social media. Click the link at the end, which shows how Whatsapp can be an effective marketing tool.

Whatsapp has 700 million active users is now the most widely used social network in many markets, officially overtaking Facebook Messenger. For marketers, Whatsapp has been a tough opportunity to crack. The most critical thing about Whatsapp is that you CANNOT push messages to consumers you do not know. You need to get invited by consumers to become their contact. No ads, no media to buy and users not liking intrusive spam like messages means you need to work harder to generate consumer engagement.

The things a marketer can do is :

Create an Engaging Whatsapp Brand Persona -

The first important step is to create an engaging brand persona or character that represents your brand with it’s whatsapp number. Avoid impersonal company names, as people might not like it. People like to chat in a friendly manner on Whatsapp just as they do with their friends & family.

Building a database on Whatsapp -
    Whatsapp will remain ad free and in order to build a base of users, you need to offer them something of value in exchange for their phone number. This can be a promotion, a freebie, a free service or valuable information.

Personalized & fast customer service - Engagement with customers on Whatsapp can be personalized & quick, if the customer seeks any service, or provides any feedback, which can be easy to engage with.

Consumer research -

Whatsapp has so far not been used extensively for research but offers an easy to use, inexpensive and quick platform to run some quick research. You can ask consumers about the things they liked which they have tried, like their favourite dish at their restaurant, we can ask them to choose between options the brand is proposing to launch among other things.

Status doodle update -
    The latest multimedia status update on Whatsapp, can be used by marketers to create interesting statuses for consumers to see, & also asking their consumers to post an interesting status designed by the company marketers.

I also found an interesting article of recently successful Whatsapp marketing campaign, when a team at HBO India and its agency FoxyMoron was looking to promote one of its biggest movie premieres – Suicide Squad on HBO,
    This was the first time Marketers have successfully plunged their way into Whatsapp after Facebook gave the multimedia status doodle update, which the marketers have leveraged.

The WhatsApp Status’s doodle feature was also utilized to get people to doodle themselves to look like one of the villains from the movie & several other ways to engage the consumers.

To know more, check out the article - Suicide squad campaign on Whatsapp

• Tom AdamsTom Adams subscriber Posts: 70 Bronze Level Member
    zyra kate said:
    Whatsapp is one of those famous chat platform, where there are no ads of any sort. Their no spam policy has made it extremely difficult for marketers to tap into just like other social media platforms, Hence, marketers should have a different approach on Whatsapp marketing.

To say the truth exactly marketing in Whatsapp annoys me the most because you know... It's like my own space where I chat with my friends and family and I don't like when somebody come in my comfort zone without my invitation 
    zyra kate said:

To say the truth exactly marketing in Whatsapp annoys me the most because you know... It's like my own space where I chat with my friends and family and I don't like when somebody come in my comfort zone without my invitation 
  • McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member
    There’s no denying it, the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. People are consuming more and more digital content on a daily basis – on mobile phones, laptops, desktop computers at work, and more – and companies that have not yet recognised this in their marketing strategy need to adapt fast.
    @Tom Adams That's right ! It feels like privacy being invaded. There are plenty of apps, which have lost it's genuineness& worth because of there ads. The engagement for the companies should be more personalized & relevant, for example, a hotel you have visited recently,ask about your favourite dish for you had, or they can ask for customers valuable suggestions for improvement & so on...
    @zyra kate Yeah, I have at least one confederate

• salenadamsalenadam subscriber Posts: 99 Silver Level Member
    WhatsApp is a free mobile app that uses your phone’s internet connection to let you chat with other WhatsApp users, without SMS text message charges. The app also lets you share files and images, and supports free voice and video calls.
  • robinsontwilliamrobinsontwilliam subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    For small E-commerce organizations it's effective. With new 24 hrs WhatsApp status new feature, a person can use that for offers that last only for 24 hrs displaying some project with sale price.

It depends on business to business whether it suits your business or not.
  • seodevelop1seodevelop1 subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    The best reason to use WhatsApp for business is that many of your customers are probably already using it. More than 50 billion messages are sent through WhatsApp every single day.

Rational Technologies
  • Urvi KashyapUrvi Kashyap subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    Whats app marketing is definitely gaining traction these days as everyday more and more people are becoming active on whatsapp.
    The main marketing which you can follow up on is whatsapp status which spreads like wildfire.
  • genesisrenewcreamgenesisrenewcream subscriber Posts: 10 Member
    According to me, you can use WhatsApp for marketing. First of all, make a group and add some friends then start the discussion about your products.
  • AvrilAvril subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    It's good if you have large group of people. actually i know about some one that use this for advertising to her follow members. It’s a group of all of her Friends-customers, she’s a healing teacher and she use WhatsApp to let them know about new events she’s and workshops she's planning. For un-focused group it will not be very effective platform and you better use social media.