WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How to not get bored with the routine that you have every day?

Natalie MNatalie M subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
With each day I notice more and more that you get sucked in the routine of daily life, and I fear that you'll have no excitement, maybe have a few happy moments. What do you think about that?

Comments

• graysongrayson subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    I switch it up every now and then. I sure cannot do anything about my full-time job, but when I'm off work I choose a variety of activities: watching my favourite series, reading books, spending time with my cats, or taking a freelance projects. Maybe it's not much during the week but weekend is always the perfect time to add a bit of excitement in your life.
  • Natalie MNatalie M subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    grayson said:

I switch it up every now and then. I sure cannot do anything about my full-time job, but when I'm off work I choose a variety of activities: watching my favourite series, reading books, spending time with my cats, or taking a freelance projects. Maybe it's not much during the week but weekend is always the perfect time to add a bit of excitement in your life.

Thanks for sharing. I do that too, but sometimes it doesn't help. English is not my first language, so I try to watch and read everything in English. Learning something new every day also a great activity.
  • GingerRabbitGingerRabbit subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    edited August 2017
    You need a distraction. Simple as that.

Even the most fun activities turn to routine if you're doing ONLY those on a daily basis. Get a hobby.
  • Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields subscriber Posts: 32 Bronze Level Member
    Good Question. My biggest motivation in life, and everything that I do, is how each action I take is getting me closer to my ultimate goal: Make a Difference. Then, everything doesn't become boring at all; instead, it becomes a fun game of driving yourself pleasantly nuts. I wrote about that HERE

Wake up each day doing what you love... with a purpose! Always.
  • Helen LarsenHelen Larsen subscriber Posts: 58 Bronze Level Member
    I don't wait for somebody's help. I try to plan my rest and some activities, that will inspire me and return my good mood.  I think we should plan such things and don't hope for the random events.