WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Time Managing Tips for Part-Time Entrepreneur

MayronMayron subscriber Posts: 2 Member
Hello community,

I´m currently working a full-time job position during the day in a big company and I attend to college clases 2 nights a week, and in my time off I manage the needs of my online store. However, since the business consists in an e-commerce web site in which my costumers can view and order the different consumer-electronics products available; the picking, packing and coordination of the shippings takes a significant part of my time. Which has been recently becoming in an obstacle to escalate and grow the business in terms of sales and geographic areas coverage.

Has any of you had this kind of experience or has gone over this type of obstacle, so you can advise me in order to know how to escale the business besides my lack of time available?

Thanks a lot,
Mayron.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited July 2017
    Here is a good video article from Forbes, in which female startup founders talk about time management strategies, such as Bumble founder Whitney Wolfe: 
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/christinavuleta/2017/05/01/startup-founders-share-their-best-time-management-advice 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    jimmy johnsonjimmy johnson subscriber Posts: 39 Bronze Level Member
      the picking, packing and coordination of the shippings takes a significant part of my time.

Why not hire a person who does this work for? &

If you don't have time then create time i mean you can work on your online store while commuting in Bus or other Transport!
    Less or Avoid going out with your friends!
  • Options
    charucharu subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Mayron,
    Effective time management is important for anyone but it's absolutely crucial for entrepreneurs. Because entrepreneurs are ultimately responsible for every aspect of their business, allocating the right amount of time to the right tasks is critical to keeping your business running smoothly. But you know its not about having time its about making time. You need to design an effective schedule to organize the things. Every minute counts, try to reduce the distractions. Set your priorities. In my experience it’s best to face the most challenging, tedious tasks in the morning because morning is generally when you are at your optimum performance level.
  • Options
    Melvin JacobhMelvin Jacobh subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Time management is actually important for entrepreneurs whoever has looking to have a proper life balance between work and family for these reason delegate some of your tasks to virtual assistants and they will take care of your tasks with utmost priority.