WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

4 Personal Branding Strategies for Startup Founders - StartupNation

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

image4 Personal Branding Strategies for Startup Founders - StartupNation

In a world where digital marketing is the new norm, every entrepreneur should develop their online personal branding to stand out from the crowd.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SethPriceSethPrice subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Great post Kevin, indeed personal branding is a must for every entrepreneur and it must be one of the most important part of your business. I love that you add to build an inbound marketing strategy, I think that's the way to do marketing right now and every startup and company know that, it's all about give value to the world now, and it should be like that since the beginning after all!

Keep up publishing good articles like this, I know many are going to implement these strategies!
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I agree with @sethprice. Personal branding, as well as company branding, plays a big part of your overall positioning in your industry. Inbound marketing is a must. If you can afford an inbound platform such as HubSpot or Marketo, I would highly recommend that. Otherwise your efforts are going to have to be more grassroots.

Blogging, growing your network and social media are all valid points as well.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • sinGNsinGN subscriber Posts: 116 Silver Level Member
    Hi,
    Branding is very important  for every business.
    advantages of having branding
    1.Humanizes Your Startup
    2.Attracts & Retains Talent
    3.Easier to Garner the Interest of Various Stakeholders
    4.Better branding = more trust = better conversions
    5.Product development
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    All great points @sinGN. Branding is often something that might get pushed to the back burner by startups focusing on other aspects of launching or growing, but there is no growth without branding and you must position your company in the market when starting. So, branding is essential. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Gregory101Gregory101 subscriber Posts: 51 Bronze Level Member

Be active, be trustworthy, be real. No one was born as an expert. Try to build your personal brand step by step and be patient, cause results won’t come in an hour ;)

I must say it depends on industry you work at - some of them probably don’t require online presence that badly, but the others are based pretty much on what you’re doing online.

Consistent and complex actions will lead you to the top. Be aware of the huge potential of social media in building your personal brand.