WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

arranging International shipments delivered to Home office

DeGrayGillettDeGrayGillett subscriber Posts: 3 Member
Hello,
I have a 8 cbm shipment ready in China and having difficulty getting a door to door shipping service(sea/freight). Even though on invoice it said, "the supplier will pay for shipping" I now realize I need to arrange and pay for this. Any companies suggested other than fed ex and ups? I thought I had one lined up, a Chinese company, but she backed out something to do with the fact I don't have a bond...yet. Fed ex was going to assist for file for $150 so shouldn't be a big deal. I have a home office, no loading dock and will need a one time customs bond. (I don't plan to ship often)
Looking for door to door sea and then truck and then to my door. To complicate things I would like a shipper who will handle a msds w class 3 (flammable) if possible. Fed ex will but I have to spend $800 to ship that flammable items, which are markers, by air. I just need some recommendations and live on East Coast. Thanks! I want a trustworthy business that wont surprise me with more fees.

Comments