WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Coming To CA - What Should I Do?

chaostchaost subscriber Posts: 1 Member
So I'm heading out to the Bay Area in late July from London, UK. Primary aim is to expand our b2b SaaS which is growing nicely in the UK. Most of our customers are startups - SMB's in computer software, digital agencies etc. I kind of want to immerse myself in that culture for a couple of weeks. Planning to spend some days working at co working spaces from silicon valley up to San Francisco. But what else??? If you were coming to CA for the first time and wanted to down and dirty with the business culture - what would you do? :)

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hello, @chaost

If it were me, I would probably look into any workshops or networking events in the area and bring business cards. This is a great way to both meet new people and learn something new. 

I would also look into similar companies in the area and maybe reach out to a couple to see if you can meet them and talk business opportunities. Even if you don't get many responses, one company may be enough. 

I also like the co-working idea. 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC