WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Interview Questions for entrepreneur

AntonioHAntonioH subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I'm a high school student who wants to interview an entrepreneur for a school assignment. Below are the questions I would like to ask any willing entrepreneur:
1.How did you learn about entrepreneurship and at what age?

2.What about entrepreneurship attracted you?

3.How do you get your ideas and concepts for a business?

4.How do you market your product and convince people they should get it?

5.What was the first endeavor you did as an entrepreneur?

6.What personality traits have helped you most in being a successful entrepreneur?

7.What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you learn from it?

8.What has been your biggest success as an entrepreneur?

9.What would you say is the key to your success?

10.What would you say is unique about your current business?

11.What responsibilities do you have on a daily basis in your business?

12.Is there any specific education path you recommend to follow to become an entrepreneur?

13.If you had one piece of advice for an entrepreneur just starting out, what would it be?

I would really appreciate if someone answered them through written responses on this thread, please put your name and company/project before answering.

Thanks so much!
Antonio

Comments

• LuckiestEntrepreneurLuckiestEntrepreneur subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Antonio;
    I would enjoy helping you out. R F Thompson, Luckiest Entrepreneur, Thompson Communications Company is one of my companies. (ThompsonCommunicationsCompany.com)

I never learned it in the beginning, it was just there as a part of what felt like at the time, a part of my DNA. I was 6 and saw opportunities to sell things that no one else did.

Providing something that was easy for me to do and was unique enough that people would pay me a premium for my offerings

Listen to people and their frustrations. Evaluate if there is a potential that you can develop a profitable business from relieving their frustration.

USP and a great Mantra

Selling peaches in front of my house. Frustration we had too many peaches and they were falling to the ground rotting. The had just put a detour through my neighborhood, which meant increased traffic. Solved a problem and made money.

6.What personality traits have helped you most in being a successful entrepreneur?

Goals and focusing on those goals.

7.What has been your biggest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you learn from it?

Never had failures. Only outcomes that, at the time, may not have been what I wanted.

8.What has been your biggest success as an entrepreneur?

Learning the power to walk away from negotiations. Having that ability put all the power in my hands.

9.What would you say is the key to your success?

Focus and Goals

10.What would you say is unique about your current business?

All of them follow systems.

11.What responsibilities do you have on a daily basis in your business?

None. I either say No, Ignore, Delegate. I only look at things that are two weeks out or longer. If they are within those two weeks, see above.

12.Is there any specific education path you recommend to follow to become an entrepreneur?

Get into college, then you can decide from there.

13.If you had one piece of advice for an entrepreneur just starting out, what would it be?

GOYA; Get Off Your ASSets!

I hope this helps.

Luckiest Entrepreneur
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    These are great responses, @LuckiestEntrepreneur

Thanks for helping @AntonioH out. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • topshopper19topshopper19 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hi.

I only have time for 5.

mostly television, radio. My Godfather is also a business man. at what age? Not sure as its very hard to say. I got serious about entrepreneurship mid to late twenties.

Working for myself and not answering to no-one. 

Writing random business ideas every day. Some will be good and some bad.

not fully launched yet. plan to use youtube and facebook advertising; as well as the traditional cold approach.

Perfume Pitstop - I did market research by asking people in crowded public places. I needed confirmation if the idea would work or not.