WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Marketing for Leather Products

leathereal.comleathereal.com subscriber Posts: 5 Member
I am planning to sell leather products on line which Include

1. Leather Jackets (Male /Female)
2. Leather Gloves
3. Leather Belts
4. Ladies Hand Bags etc

Q-1 As starter what free forum/websites I can use to advertise my website eg. Craigslist etc
Q-2 What Magazines I should use to advertise my product
Q-3 I already working on SEO, and social media, any other forums I can use to get traffic on my website
Q-4 My website is in progress, and Logo is already been design for the company and Brand
Q-5, Not sure who will be my target customer(If some one can give me guide lines will be appreciated

Thank You

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited June 2017
    Hello, @leathereal.com.  

Of all of the questions you just posed, I would say determining your target customer should be your first order of business. Why? Because your other issues have to do with advertising, and it simply doesn't make sense to spend money advertising to an uninterested audience, unless you're doing so in say a directory. 

There are a few ways to help you determine this. 
    1. Surveys -- good way to get demographic/psychographic info and see what customers are potentially interested in. 
    2. Market research -- Find as much information online or offline as you can on who is already buying leather products from other outlets. 
    3. Buyer personas -- Have a form on your website that asks a few progressive profile questions to better understand the people buying your products. 
    4. Build your email lists. This way you can send out regular surveys, progressive profiling questions and workflows based on the different products bought and different responses your audience is giving to you. 
    5. Google analytics and social media analytics are free tools that will give you some information on who is coming to your site and who is purchasing what. 

I would also recommend reading this article: https://startupnation.com/grow-your-business/find-consumers-online/ 

These are just a few ideas, but there are many others. Hopefully this gets you started in the right direction when determining your target customer. 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    @RyanOBleness ...Appreciate for reply ...
    I Already have done google Analytics and results are good for leather Product

How I can do further research....Leather Jackets can come both as Fashion wear also lot of Bikers wear them...How I can reach further customers

Is there any forums I can go to if you can guide me specific to leather product niche will appreciate it
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with the leather industry myself, but after just doing a quick Google search, this forum looks like it fits what you're looking for: http://leatherworker.net/forum/
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    @RyanOBleness :- Thanks But what I am looking for people (Customer ) will buy my product
    Online (SEO) and Facebook is already done
    But I am sure there are other tons of venue there where I can advertise my site
    May be any Motor Bikers Magazines, any Clubs/Gangs/Groups which will wear leather Products
    Night Club may be ..Fashion Magazines etc.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I see. 

Have you tried www.leathermarkets.com? It appears to be an online marketplace where leather-makers can sell goods, advertise, find customers, make a profile, etc. 

Again, I am novice in the leather industry, so I could be way off base here, but just trying to help. 

Thanks. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
  • Options
    jimmy johnsonjimmy johnson subscriber Posts: 39 Bronze Level Member
    RyanObleness Has already tell you some of the starting steps you can do. I would like to answer your "Q5. Not sure who will be my target customer(If someone can give me guidelines will be appreciated)?"

The leather industry is already having tons of brands and competitors, So, for you as a startup trying to target your local area audience, of age group 15 to 60 years both male/female. Built your brand locally via Social Media Plus SEO, Interact with them give them some discounts or coupons!
  • Options
    Adding to that ....My quality Product is equivalent to wilson leather ....cheaper prize ...so any idea if wilson leather marketing strategy
  • Options
    joshfleming024joshfleming024 subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    Well, You can opt for B2B Portals available online. I have had a great experience with eworldtrade.com as they are the best in the business. It is worth a shot since they are offering upto 10 free of cost business leads.