WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Want to build an chat app like snapchat?

Jack SmithJack Smith subscriber Posts: 5 Member
I don't know , where to build an chat app like snapchat and how much cost it takes? Kindly help me.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited May 2017
    If you want to build something with the same functionality as Snapchat, you're likely looking at a hefty cost -- probably somewhere in the $50K range. But for something less powerful and less advanced, I'm sure you could cut a lot of costs. 

I would read this article, which estimates $50-$75K for such a product: https://theappsolutions.com/blog/development/how-much-does-it-cost-to-develop-snapchat/ 

Or, mess around with differing pricing estimates here: http://howmuchtomakeanapp.com/
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Randi MillerRandi Miller administrator Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Agreed. $50-75k will get you a good prototype. To build something identical to Snapchat's frontend (not including reporting, analytics, and ads) then you are looking more in the $500k-1mil range after design/development stages.

Here's a piece of advice that I give to my clients... don't go looking for "how much will it cost me to build an app like X" instead jot down precisely what you want the app to do with some sketches then ask for pricing based on that. Snapchat has put millions into their app (talking HIGH 9-figure millions). You can't compete with them.

Start small. Grow fast. Get big.
    Making the web a better place!

Randi Miller
    Geek Guy
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Great advice, @Randi Miller!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Salfishya MarySalfishya Mary subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2017
    Hi Jack Smith,

Are you looking to build an app like Snapchat from custom (Coding) or ready to go with some other solutions.
  • Options
    Jack SmithJack Smith subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Depends on cost for building an app, I will make decision. Whatever may be fine, I just need full customization & satisfaction.
  • Options
    Salfishya MarySalfishya Mary subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    That's Cool,

As my opinion ready-made solution will be the right choice, fulfill your requirements include customization, security, scalability, on-time delivery, etc. Many ready-made solutions like Contus Fly available in an internet.
  • Options
    GastonGaston subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    Might be wrong here but doesn't it need to have a twist to it too? I mean not many people are gonna use this app if it's identical in its functionality to Snapchat, right? Designing such a twist from scratch can also be costly, especially if you are going into it blind.
  • Options
    webbermanwebberman subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    How do you think, what determines the price of the formation of an application. I found three different calculators and all give different prices, which is better:
    OOZOU
    Otreva
    Cleveroad
  • Options
    SmithJohnesSmithJohnes subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member

There is no straightforward answer to this question as the cost of app development depends of many factors such as:

- The types of an app

- App development platform

- The complexity of an app

- Native or cross-platform app development

- App back-end and API development

- Third-party app integrations

- App designing

- Location of app development team

- App features

The majority of quality mobile app development costs among $5,000 to $1,00,000. If you want a mobile app created with excellent design, better app development, well tested and skillful marketing then it will cost within that range.

• Options
    Asia_SinAsia_Sin subscriber Posts: 5 Member

SmithJohnes you said about hiring app development team and that this affects the cost of the final product of development, and I completely agree with this, since I saw an article on the Cleveroad website about the average data on the cost of development and in fact the price is from $ 25 to $ 250 per hour per developer, so it is worth drawing conclusions...

• Options
    6Maxi6Maxi subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member