WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Minority, Women Entrepreneurs Find More Opportunity in Franchise World

StartupNationStartupNation administrator Posts: 625 Site Admin

imageMinority, Women Entrepreneurs Find More Opportunity in Franchise World

We review a study that shows how women, minorities and other underrepresented groups tend to gravitate toward the franchise business model.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    FranchiseKingFranchiseKing subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Great for you to mention the education aspect of franchising in this post. Thanks!
    The Franchise King®
    Franchise Business University.com
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Thanks, Joel! 

I believe we have spoken before. I think franchising plays an important role in entrepreneurship, and I'm glad to see that it provides an avenue for all people to start a business and generate revenue. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    Cara O'BlenessCara O'Bleness administrator Posts: 68 Site Admin
    Thanks for the feedback, @FranchiseKing! There are some great supporting statistics in this article that encourage the notion that franchising is on the rise, especially for women and minorities. Education is certainly at the forefront of that.

If an aspiring entrepreneur has dreams to open a franchise and doesn't know where to start, what would be your number one suggestion for him or her?
    Cara O'Bleness
    Content Director
    StartupNation
  • Options
    FranchiseKingFranchiseKing subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Cara-yes, more women are starting businesses. That is good! Best place to start: With yourself. Figure out your top skills and match them to franchise opportunities that will allow them to shine-so you can become a profitable franchise owner.

The Franchise King®