WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Copy Writer for Free

EmanEman subscriber Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2017 in Freelance
Hey guys, Im new for this Industry in Freelance Copy Writing needs experience Im willing to do for free in exchange for your awesome testimonial. Ty have a great blast day everyone. tnx for reply. You may reach me via cabritz46@gmail.com.

Comments

• Levi Leyba, MBALevi Leyba, MBA subscriber Posts: 26 Bronze Level Member
    Hi @Eman, I commend you for taking the initiative on asking for experience.  Many do not and will never realize their full potential.  Being that I understand that you are new to freelance copy writing, I am also someone who receives a dozen inquiries daily for guest writers on a website.  The use of text abbreviations is a major turn off for inquiries on article submissions.  If you cannot take the time to write out "Thank you" or adding an apostrophe in "Im", no time will be given to you as a new freelance writer.  Show your best work 100% of the time to be taken seriously.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2017
    I agree with @Levi Leyba, MBA. If you are positioning yourself as a top-notch copywriter, you should always be displaying your capabilities. Don't tell people that you are a great writer, show them through examples. This is a public forum, where perhaps somebody sees your inquiry and is interested, but is then put off by lack of punctuation or grammar. 

I am a writer myself. Great writing can be a powerful professional trait when it comes to moving your career forward. You must always leverage your abilities and show off why you believe you are a good writer if you expect others to believe what you are telling them. 

I do like your commitment and willingness to work for free in order to get your name out there. Hone your skills, always educate yourself and work harder than others. Do that, and you'll be on the right track. 

Hope this helps. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • CStevensCStevens subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2017
    > @"Levi Leyba, MBA" said:
    > Hi @Eman, I commend you for taking the initiative on asking for experience.  Many do not and will never realize their full potential.  Being that I understand that you are new to freelance copy writing, I am also someone who receives a dozen inquiries daily for guest writers on a website.  The use of text abbreviations is a major turn off for inquiries on article submissions.  If you cannot take the time to write out "Thank you" or adding an apostrophe in "Im", no time will be given to you as a new freelance writer.  Show your best work 100% of the time to be taken seriously."

Spot on! If you need to resort to cold contact for work/new business I have to assume that you have some free time during the day. Use it to type out entire words, reserve your texting shorthand for communicating with friends and family.
  • Steffi DsouzaSteffi Dsouza subscriber Posts: 98 Silver Level Member
    This way he'll be able to capture email addresses of potential customers, and send them cool stuff every few days which will make them want to buy his supplement. Essentially it is the job of a freelance copywriter to either CREATE high converting content, or IMPROVE the conversion rate of content.And after practicing only you can become expert in this field.
  • DramaQueenDramaQueen subscriber Posts: 16 Bronze Level Member
    Eman you're on the right way. Good luck. Btw, how're things going on?
  • emnaemna subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    best of luck for your future keep it up good work writing is good skill if you proofread your any copy and spin article make it more better and easy for understand for users by prof reading