WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Start up online Women Clothing Store.

ross555ross555 subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Business Planning
Hello,

I am Kevin Ross. I am retailer of women clothing store Indian and Western like Dresses, Gowns, sarees, etc. I want to start up my own online clothing store.
What is the requirement of start up online store? Can you guys please give me suggestions?

Comments

• CreativePileCreativePile subscriber Posts: 4
    Hi Ross555,

There no requirements. If you have product you can easily sell them online using any of the popular e-commerce website. The one that we like is Shopify. Their sites look great and most of the stuff is easy to handle.
    Creative Pile
    Design+Branding+Marketing
    How To Brand Your Business | Part 1
  • harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    It's a nice idea to sell your multiples of product through online. Some requirements are enough to start your online store, that is choosing the suitable website for sell or design new own website with the help of any web designers, analyze marketing trends and stock maintenance tools. Because inventory management tool helps to reduce paper works, track all purchases, proper stock details, etc. I would suggest Apptivo, it aids to maintain all your stock properly. I hope this information will helpful your startup.
  • frenchcinchfrenchcinch subscriber Posts: 4
    I believe if there's a niche on the market and you know that you'll fill this gap in, then why not :) One piece of advice don't be profit-oriented right from the beginning. First of all you have to build trust to your brand! Don't forget about social media :P
  • elargirsolutionselargirsolutions subscriber Posts: 3
    Yes why not. but before starting, plan out what you want to achieve, how you will do, what expertise you will need.
    Some general points you should take note of :-
    1 - Where you will sell your dresses? on other eCommerce platform, like amazon or flip-kart? or you can afford your on online eCommerce platform where you will sell. Though this needs cash to invest.

2- Target audience - Well you can understand that. What is the targeted audience of the business? do you have a good amount of offline customers who would like to buy from you online?

3- Marketing and advertising- if above points are successful then plan out on how you will market and advertise. You should use social media site, mainly Instagram, facebook, pinterest, to publicize your product. try to engage your customer. If you are making your own website then hire someone for SEO(SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION) &SMM (social media marketing).

hope this can help you out. You can message or contact if you need any advise .
    Elargir Solutions Private Limited (ESPL) is a Consulting Company and a trusted advisorsto leading companies and Brands.
    We have a history of working with marquee brands globally.
    We create value with our expertise in retail and our retail network.
    http://elargirindia.com
  • Touch Digital MediaTouch Digital Media subscriber Posts: 3
    Kevin,

There is are no requirements when it comes to developing and ecommerce website. The question is simply do I go with an out of the box solution or do I build a custom site.

Out of the box solutions will get you up and running quickly but offer website templates that are used my other many people. You will be limited on the customization of the template and be limited with features. You are basically boxed in and at the mercy of the template. If you don't have many products and/or a limited budget this may be a viable solution for you to get going.

A custom ecommerce website helps you make an impact by standing out in your target market. With a custom commerce solution, you can build a search engine friendly website tailored to your exact business needs. The site is owned by you and you control the code. There are no limitations on customization or the vision you want to implement for your ecommerce store. It is unique to your business and you can add features without limitation as your business continues to grow.

At the end of the day it boils down to budget and time. Good luck with your store.
  • shailyshaily subscriber Posts: 1
    Hello,
    To start an online store you must follow these essential tips.
    1. PayPal payment integration
    2. Express shipping (You must contact leading courier partners for fast delivery)
    3. Make sure all your products are brand new and quality products.
    4. Make your website user friendly.
    5. Always try to bring some attractive offers, discounts and deals frequently that would attract customers.
    6. Add social media links
    7. Most importantly, reduce your profit margin as much as possible.
  • nandangjuaranandangjuara subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Can now use the site-free e-commerce site that has many available on google, so there is no need to be confused anymore to sell. Be sure to first secure website prior to market the product
  • nadynnnadynn subscriber Posts: 18 Bronze Level Member
    In my opinion, Shopify is the best platform for building ecommerce websites. Since Shopify has a 14-day trial period, play around with it to know whether you want to continue using Shopify beyond the trial period. Personally, I'm owner of a Shopify online store and for the most part like the ease of use and general functionality. Here is the list of the Best eCommerce Platforms & Website Builders
    Enjoy reading!
  • graysongrayson subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member
    Here are the things I think you should start thinking about:
    - Choose an ecommerce platform depends on your business size.
    - Conduct a thorough market research to determine the price you put on your products.
    - Prepare professional product images.
    - Use responsive design for your site.
    - Payment gateways
    - Create social media accounts for your store.
  • JosjonesJosjones subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    Be sure to think of yourself as one of your customers as you go through this launch process. Selling online is essentially no different from selling offline in the sense that you have people who need/want what you and you have to get it to them.

When you're on websites like shopify and amazon, what's most important to you?
  • Tom AdamsTom Adams subscriber Posts: 70 Bronze Level Member

ross555 said:

Hello,

I am Kevin Ross. I am retailer of women clothing store Indian and Western like Dresses, Gowns, sarees, etc. I want to start up my own online clothing store.

What is the requirement of start up online store? Can you guys please give me suggestions?

requirements:have page from where you will sell clothes, have clothes for selling 
  • ItsSherryTeeItsSherryTee subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Anytime I discuss with those who desire to become entrepreneurs; want to expand their reach in an existing business; move into a new channel, etc., my initial questions are geared towards finding out, what is their ultimate objective?

Is their ultimate objective to make enough money to live a comfortable life whether in that business venture or another; to fill a need in which they are passionate about whether or not they make enough money to live off of in that venture; both or satisfy some other objective?

I then want to know how they chose that business venture and what skill set did they bring to the table and/or who will they be able to bring to the table with the required skill sets, sufficient time to invest, etc. for success and profitability? Without the right answers to those questions, very little else matters.

I have found too many times that, even if someone has an existing business that they 'think' that they want to expand (sometimes it's really a money pit), they don't always have the required structural and expertise/knowledge 'pieces' to make it successful. Additionally, their plan doesn't necessarily fit their ultimate objective of e.g. becoming financially independent. Sometimes they just don't know what else to do and they believe that they are in way too deep financially to change direction or start over.

This is especially prevalent for those who sell product 'in the real world' and are not doing well enough and needs more cash flow. They believe that if they start doing business in the 'virtual world' (via Web), all of their problems will be solved. Often times, that is NOT the solution and the path to that 'solution' actually worsens their situation.

With the assistance and knowledge of others, they need to recalibrate and get onto the road that leads to their ultimate objective(s).
    Anytime I discuss with those who desire to become entrepreneurs; want to expand their reach in an existing business; move into a new channel, etc., my initial questions are geared towards finding out, what is their ultimate objective?

Is their ultimate objective to make enough money to live a comfortable life whether in that business venture or another; to fill a need in which they are passionate about whether or not they make enough money to live off of in that venture; both or satisfy some other objective?

I then want to know how they chose that business venture and what skill set did they bring to the table and/or who will they be able to bring to the table with the required skill sets, sufficient time to invest, etc. for success and profitability? Without the right answers to those questions, very little else matters.

I have found too many times that, even if someone has an existing business that they 'think' that they want to expand (sometimes it's really a money pit), they don't always have the required structural and expertise/knowledge 'pieces' to make it successful. Additionally, their plan doesn't necessarily fit their ultimate objective of e.g. becoming financially independent. Sometimes they just don't know what else to do and they believe that they are in way too deep financially to change direction or start over.

This is especially prevalent for those who sell product 'in the real world' and are not doing well enough and needs more cash flow. They believe that if they start doing business in the 'virtual world' (via Web), all of their problems will be solved. Often times, that is NOT the solution and the path to that 'solution' actually worsens their situation.

With the assistance and knowledge of others, they need to recalibrate and get onto the road that leads to their ultimate objective(s).

• sinGNsinGN subscriber Posts: 116 Silver Level Member
    1.Be Unique
    Check Out The Competition
    Pay Special Attention To SEO
    Expand Page Content With Customer Input
    Implement Structured Data & Videos
    Run a Newsletter
    Get a Social Presence