WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Millennials: What Are Your Professional Goals?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
This is a broad question, with no wrong answers. If you are a millennial employee, what do you strive for in your professional career? What is it you want your co-workers to understand about you? 
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Best Answers

Answers

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for your response, @eurus. I think we, as millennials, kind of have a preconceived notion about us -- that we're just looking for our next opportunity, we don't play well with others, we're entitled, we need instant gratification, etc. 

While I don't disagree with all of that (I do think a decent chunk of millennials in the workplace have a false sense of entitlement before they've actually earned anything), I do disagree with most of it. Millennials are hard-working, focused and I do believe we can work together in teams. We don't instant gratification, we just value feedback because we're always looking to get better at our jobs. 

My new goal is to make those around me better. Do what I can do to make sure everybody around me is in a position to succeed. I have personal goals for selfish reasons as well, but I want to put more emphasis on the team atmosphere. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC