WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Any video streaming software to build a Video on Demand platform like Netflix?

Ashley JohnAshley John subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
I have a plan to open a VOD platform like Netflix but in a particular locality. Is there any ready-made software to start a website like this?

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    Interesting idea, @ashley john. Have you looked into Wowza or UScreen? I don't know too much about the quality and ease of use of either, but I know each offers a video-on-demand solution. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Ashley JohnAshley John subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks Ryan, I checked this two but it's a bit costly. Can you tell me about Streamhash? I've already used their free lite version and it's pretty cool till now. Good quality coding. Should I buy their premium version or looking for some others?
    I am not very familiar with StreamHash. Coding is not my forte, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but in my opinion you should never sacrifice the quality of your product for price. I would maybe suggest doing a demo with StreamHash's premium version (if that is possible) and see what it has to offer. If you then think that is the right platform for you, then go for it. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Ashley JohnAshley John subscriber Posts: 19 Bronze Level Member
    Yes, I used it's free lite version and satisfied with this product. I'm planning to buy it's ultimate version for my business in coming month.
    Awesome! Keep me posted on your progress. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Jack SmithJack Smith subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    Hello Ashley John, Why you need to buy premium version? You can go with ready-made solution for VOD platform Contus Vplay. They offer 100% customization, Video hosting services, Helps in monetization. Try out once you will get the idea.
  • williamjwilliamj subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hello Ashley John!

If you want to build a website like Netflix, then I would suggest you to try VDart Prism which is a complete end-to-end video on demand solution to launch your own VOD site.

It comes with exciting revenue driving video monetization features. Try VDart Prism and experience the Next-gen TV!
  • LunaoviyaLunaoviya subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Ashley John,

Have a look at Vplayed, is an online video on demand platform built for broadcasters, educational institutions, media houses and every other business that requires video streaming for the business model. With strong encryption and access control methods, Vplayed keeps hack attempts at bay.
  • SmithJohnesSmithJohnes subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    edited December 2020

I think before starting VOD platform like Netflix. It is important to get Video App Development Basics information like Types, Market, Features, & Cost. So, that it will get huge success like netflix.

Here I'm sharing a list of video streaming software-

1. OBS Studio

2. Wirecast

3. VidBlasterX

4. vMix

5. XSplit

Hope this will help you.

• RequiemRequiem subscriber Posts: 9 Member

Interesting idea. I don't know too much about the quality and ease of use of either, but I know each offers a video-on-demand solution.