WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Joined yeep.com.au

KingdraKingdra subscriber Posts: 4 Member
As I focus much more on online promotion (my melbourne based store runs quite well locally, but now I think it's time to make its name in Australia; seems ambitious, right?), I find that it somehow seems my efforts would not pay off...
Then I joined yeep.com.au, and everything changes. You may ask why not listing my store at YellowPages, I can tell you that those sites are doing NO good to small business like mine because magnates rank at way prior position. While Yeep provides a perfect platform for me to connect with potential customers, and I found many friendly suppliers there. Once I signed up at Yeep, both my online and offline reputation got refined. A Yeep business user account allows me to connect with customers, including those who have written reviews for my business. Join the conversation with my customers by using the two free response tools: direct message and public comment available in Yeep for Business Owners.

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    @Kingdra, this Yeep site is similar to Yelp or YellowPages, but is more focused on small business? Is this an Australian-specific site? I am not familiar. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • KingdraKingdra subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    > @"Ryan O'Bleness" said:
    > @Kingdra, this Yeep site is similar to Yelp or YellowPages, but is more focused on small business? Is this an Australian-specific site? I am not familiar. 

Hi, Ryan, yeep concentrates on local business in Australia. As far as I am concerned, whatever business is welcomed to join yeep.
    And I think yelp is not good for Australian business, because it started in USA, and neither its focus nor web design is good enough in Australia (I mean the search experience and browsing habit are different).
    As for yellowpages, some small business can't outrank those magnates; our position shown there could be lain behind.
    Thus I chose yeep at the first place. I think it has great potential to grow more competitive.

Cheers.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I see. What kind of business are you in? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • KingdraKingdra subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    I am running a gym studio