WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Commercial lease - Should we have a Confidentiality Agreement signed?

JauneyJauney subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Business Planning
Hello everyone,

First post on the forum. If there is a similar thread always existing please refer me towards that feed ;)

I have a somewhat unique business idea (in my area anyway) and am starting to line-up meetings with commercial property owners or managers to seek commercial space to operate the business (in the recreational sector).

Since the idea is unique yet simple should we have confidentiality agreement signed before opening any discussions? Most landlords need to know what type of business you will be operating to make sure that surrounding businesses are not affected in a negative way with what your offering (if your competing with the other tenants etc.).

I was told by a lawyer that the chances are that they will not want to sign. Anybody have any input on this?

Thanks in advance !! :D

Comments