WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Requesting Feedback on New Website That Provides Unique Business Ideas

John1234John1234 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
Hi Everyone,

We recently started a new blog to provide unique start-up concepts for entrepreneurs that do not currently have an idea. We are experienced business people and are using this practical knowledge to provide insight into new ideas.

Would love to get the group's feedback on the concept and the site. We are charging a small fee of $7/month to access the ideas so interested to hear the group's feedback on whether users will pay for high quality and mostly unique business ideas.

Thanks,
John

Comments

• John1234John1234 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Forgot to mention the site domain is www.smarterbound.com
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    Hi, John. 

Welcome to community. Sicne you're new here, you cannot yet post links. 

Allow me to post it here: www.smarterbound.com

Community, please provide feedback. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    @John1234, I am not a designer or a developer, but from a user perspective, I like the clean-cut design and color scheme. 

I am not sure if charging a membership fee is the right way to start, though. But please let me know if people are willing to pay or not. From my own own experiences, you have to offer something your users cannot find anywhere else to charge for it. Or have a "freemium" model, where you can tease them with the free content and draw more for premium content.

For instance, any user can go to www.startupnation.com to get similar content for no charge. What sets your website apart? 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • BrianSmithBrianSmith administrator Posts: 15 Site Admin
    @John1234, very interesting idea for a site! I like the design, it's very modern and professional, but I would add some more relevant photos, or photos of people, to emphasize the theme of 'interaction' between users (even though they aren't going to physically be in the same room as other members). 

My assumption is your asking members to pay as a method of detouring user who are not serious about using the product, I think that's smart, but I think you need to give some examples for free. Possibly in the 'How it Works' section. I believe I understand the site on a conceptual level, but am personally, very visual when it comes to what I'm usually willing to pay for on-line. Maybe a free trial month would be helpful? Or a brief tutorial video of a sample idea being refined via your site?