WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Seeking a help of marketer, ready for 50% equity

CheburonCheburon subscriber Posts: 5 Member
We are two developers, backend and frontend, both experienced and have an experience making project from scratch. We want to make an MVP, but we are not sure about the idea and how to involve people into using the product.
The idea is chatroulette for motivation. We match people in pairs to help each other achieve their goals. They will have to reach out every day or every weekend and tell each what they have done in a previous period. The main idea is - when you are on your own, its simpler to get lazy and not to do the stuff you planned to do. The other use of the product will be as the online couching instrument.
We want an advice on how to reach out to people that want to use our product. Or, if you are sure you know how to lead this product to success, I would enjoy seeing you as a partner.

Comments

• Danny SchafferDanny Schaffer subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Cool idea! I'm not 100% sure how it'll work if it's a roulette vibe though. Having an accountability buddy can be awesome for productivity. The thing is it's hard to find a great one. So the platform would need to be something that helps you find the most compatible accountability buddy.
  • CheburonCheburon subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    We thought about smart search, according to your goals, location and etc. But for MVP... well, maybe we'll need include it, I suppose we'll see in progress
  • BrianSmithBrianSmith administrator Posts: 15 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    Just to clarify, by MVP you mean minimum viable product, not model-view-presenter correct?
    edited March 2017
    yes, ofcourse minimum viable product :)
    we will have iterative development. if the first iteration would attract people, we'll gather feedback and after that we'll make our next iteration upon product development.
    if the idea wont fire up, we'll drop it
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    Interesting concept, and I think it could be useful for the professional audience. The issue with something like that is that people can easily destroy it with their actions that cannot be controlled. 

Chatroulette kind of has a notorious reputation. It's a site where anything can happen. I think a seasoned marketer would be important to position this as a professional product, and something that can help people stay motivated. 

My initial thought would be to not compare it to Chatroulette, and find an alternative way to describe it so people don't automatically associate a negative connotation with it. Of course, let people know that some aspects of the matching would be random, but I like the idea to search for people with similar goals or who are in the same industry. 

Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    Thank you for your answer, Ryan! Second answer with a thought about smart pairing. Guess I should really think about implementing it in a first place
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited March 2017
    @Cheburon, yeah I think it would make a difference if you are able to implement the smart pairing. 

There should also be a reporting/flagging option for users if somebody does break the rules and doesn't use the platform for its intended purpose. You would then be able to identify those users and warn them or ban them. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    @Ryan O'Bleness yeah, we should definitely implement report ban system with the first version
  • sinGNsinGN subscriber Posts: 116 Silver Level Member
    Hi,
    SEO and social media  helps you for marketing.marketing is easy when people know very well about your business.so advertisement is important for business.
  • KingdraKingdra subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    > @sinGN said:
    > Hi,
    > SEO and social media  helps you for marketing.marketing is easy when people know very well about your business.so advertisement is important for business.

Agreed. While if budget is tight, seo would not be a good choice. And social media marketing cost least.
  • Dmitry MitrofanovDmitry Mitrofanov subscriber Posts: 7 Member
    The problem is that if they won't have physical access to each other it will be very difficult for them to force each other to achieve goals. There are a lot of videos with workouts free and paid, but people go to a gym an hire a trainer who will motivate them.