WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

A very strange problem i face with my start up proposal..can anyone help

PravinKarthikeyanPravinKarthikeyan subscriber Posts: 1 Member
Friends,

I have been working for last 3 years offline on my start up idea. It has got a specific target group audience and has high market potential in present scenario. The set up cost is coming around 20 lacs. Its a monthly subscription based educational product (having a specific target group of over 2 lac audience) . Now the problem i face is despite considering the volume of target audience as just 1 lac and a conversion ratio of mere 7% (after the marketing)the returns are coming very high (As high as 10% of returns per month). It sounds alarmingly exaggerated on papers that people with whom i share this proposal they are finding it hard to believe.How to work it out ideally on papers to make it look more realistic ?

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    edited February 2017
    Welcome to the community, @PravinKarthikeyan

Is there a way to show them your returns through action rather than through pieces of papers? If they're having a hard time believing your returns are so high in theory, you may have to find a way to physically prove it to them. 

For some people seeing is believing, for others, believing is seeing. It might be hard for certain people to quantify something based on a static piece of paper. If you can show them real-time analytics, or recent analytics, then it might be easier for them to believe. But if you're working offline, then arte you even tracking analytics? 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC