WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

What every entrepreneur should know.

DezDez subscriber Posts: 2
Good Evening StartUpNation Family!!

I know that your time is valuable, so I’ll get right to the purpose of this post.

I need your advice!

I’m putting the finishing touches on my new E book called, “The Truth About Entrepreneurship,” and want to make sure that I don’t leave anything out.

So, for those of you who are just starting out your entrepreneurial journey, may you let me know your biggest question that you want answered? And for those who are a little more seasoned, can you let me know a question that you wish you had knew before starting out?

Thank you very much for helping make this the best, “The Truth About Entrepreneurship” possible.

Sincerely,
Dez

Comments

• Options
    matchew88matchew88 subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Great question. If you can provide me with the answer to the following you'd be helping me and people like me:

I didn't know I wanted to be an entrepreneur until I graduated college, and put myself in debt. I have business ideas, and I'd been learning programming on the side, but what I would need few more years of self-teaching and frustrating failures to get to the level needed to do it all by myself.

So I have business ideas, but not the tech ability needed, no money, and I'm out of the helpful atmosphere of college. I go to meetup.com events to find people to start a business with, but people are only looking for programmers. Everyone is out looking after their own.

I work in a corporate office now, but no one with money can know I want to be an entrepreneur because it would hinder my prospects of getting more money on a steady basis.

Recently, I decided to create my own Meetup.com group just for discussing business ideas. But before now, so far everything I've looked into is either too expensive or no one is interested. I'm putting myself out there, and doing all I can, but my solitary self is not able to break into entrepreneurship. I've been trying for 5 years. What do I do?
  • Options
    EccountabilityEccountability subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck with the book.

A section on Mindset
    I think that mindset is more important that the actual business idea. So you need to teach people that its just as much about how you grow mentally as much as it is about your 1 great idea. Because every business owner is interconnected with their business and the business will only grow and thrive if the owner does the same. We imagine how our business should look and then set goals to achieve that. But if you only image small then you will have a small business.

Owners need to constantly update their skills and mental fortitude to get where they need to be.

A section on getting help and advice
    I see so many business owners have the exact same questions, frustrations and pain points. Where possible they need to find a support group to help them overcome these a quick as possible. The media loves to portray the entrepreneur as working in isolation but is total BS. Even single successful business owners live Pat Flynn or Chris Ducker get help and advise along the way.

I have no affiliation to this group but a friend of mine is organising a book launch summit that may help you with the book launch  called "thebookmarketingsummit"

Once again I hope you book is a great guide an inspiration.

Ronan

• Options
    Helen LarsenHelen Larsen subscriber Posts: 58 Bronze Level Member
    Thank you for your question!
    For me it would be very useful to find out about some apps, that are appropriated for every kind of business, for its successful management.