WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

matchew88matchew88 subscriber Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2017 in New Member Welcome
Hi.

I have a problem from the very get-go: I can't break into entrepreneurship. Everyone is looking for programmers, outsourcing programming costs at least $10k, Angel investors online are somehow inaccessible (even though they want to get approached?)...I thought it was actually running the business that was going to be hard. Don't investors like money? Wouldn't small start-ups like free one-day per week help in exchange for getting in with the "entrepreneur crowd"? Aren't programmers able to help on an idea for 5 hours a week for 50-50 stake?

I can't even get to a point of forming a team that would work on an idea that I have, of which there are many....

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi, Matchew:

Welcome to the community! I guess I am a little bit confused by your initial post. Is your main concern finding angels and securing funding for your own startup, or are you trying to attract startups to invest in and/or work for?

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC