WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Non-Techy Person with an App idea

cmcc1cmcc1 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Developing Your Invention
Hi all,

Looking for some advice on how/who I might approach with an idea to develop an app, even though I am not able to write any code myself.

I have two ideas, one would be focussed on an app for DJs/Producers whereas another has a wide appeal for online shopping which I believe has the potential to be huge. Both apps would require some very skilled app/technology development to make it work as opposed to being your standard off the shelf app that someone can put together.

I have been nervous about discussing it openly with people to date for fear of someone just going off and doing it themselves, however i realise that I need to be speaking to people if this is ever going to work.

How do I explore the idea while protecting myself, and secondly, what is the best way of finding a developer/partner that would assist me in the development of the idea?

Comments

• bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Hi cmcc1,

We are leading mobile app development company. You can contact www.nimblechapps.com/contact-us
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • artisinghartisingh subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    cmcc1 wrote:
    Hi all,

Looking for some advice on how/who I might approach with an idea to develop an app, even though I am not able to write any code myself.

I have two ideas, one would be focussed on an app for DJs/Producers whereas another has a wide appeal for online shopping which I believe has the potential to be huge. Both apps would require some very skilled app/technology development to make it work as opposed to being your standard off the shelf app that someone can put together.

I have been nervous about discussing it openly with people to date for fear of someone just going off and doing it themselves, however i realise that I need to be speaking to people if this is ever going to work.

How do I explore the idea while protecting myself, and secondly, what is the best way of finding a developer/partner that would assist me in the development of the idea?

Hey there,

I would be very much interested to work it out for you. Can you please brief me more about your project on my email(<!-- e -->arti.singh@ignitesol.com<!-- e -->). You can learn more about my work at http://www.ignitesol.com

Thanks
    Arti
  • cryptobaileycryptobailey subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    You can check out bubblecloudlab.com
    Often times if you are speaking to a professional company or professional and honest person they will make you sign a NDA to protect yourself
  • Giacomo BalliGiacomo Balli subscriber Posts: 3 Member

Think of it this way, everyone has their own million dollar ideas most of which are sitting in a drawer. The odds that someone will work on yours are very slim.

In addition, I would imagine (hope) that you have some kind of edge on the problem so it makes it highly unlikely that "anyone" can go and make it on their own.

Having said that, you can still ask a developer or software house to sign an NDA, non-compete or whichever kind of contract makes you the most comfortable. Most recipients are used to it and will sign it without issues (not a debate people wish to have anymore).

Regarding finding a developer/partner... ask friends and family. Nowadays everyone is searching for such a figure. Alternatively, some companies software houses offer "tech for equity". Obviously they agree to only very specific ideas and agreements but it might still be an option.

wish you the best,

Giacomo Balli