WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

You Can`t Get Traffic To Your Website On Demand

iyazamiyazam subscriber Posts: 33
Business Guru Jim Rohn speaks about how to create wealth. Jim explains that you "cannot get rich on demand". This means that because you demand more money, or even if you choose to go on strike ( we demand a raise!...) this will not bring you to success or wealth.

So how do people create wealth? Jim explains that its very simple: Add value to yourself. What does this mean? This means that the more value and skills you will add to your self the more you will be worth in the marketplace. The more you are worth in the marketplace then the more people will want to do business with you.

I feel like this idea can be adopted to driving traffic to a website. I see many times on the web people saying things like: "Just click on my link and I will show you.... or "just click on my link so my rankings will shoot up..." In the short term your rankings may shoot up (because people are doing you a favor) but in the long run you will not have quality traffic.

The keyword here is value. By adding value to your site - the traffic will come. By adding content that is valuable and helpful to others then already 50% of your work is done and the other half is just marketing it. You will find that the marketing aspect will be much easier because of the fact that you are marketing information and not "demands".

I recommend: Stick to this for at least 4 months on a daily basis and you will see the traffic pouring in!

Comments

• atervinatervin subscriber Posts: 1
    Having just launched my site today it`s good to know that it`s ok for it to take time to get the traffic flowing to your site.  I had a great response, but I needed a reminder that it`s going to take time to get consistent and "good" traffic!  Thanks for the tip!
    Andrea
    www.parentise.comatervin10/1/2008 8:29 PM
  • davincivirtualdavincivirtual subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    The key is that you are building relationships during that time, as well. Old school internet marketing is out...people want a substantive relationship with the businesses they frequent. That is why SEO alone is not enough...must have great content and a strong social media strategy.
  • krakkenseokrakkenseo subscriber Posts: 0
    The key is that you are building relationships during that time, as well. Old school internet marketing is out...people want a substantive relationship with the businesses they frequent. That is why SEO alone is not enough...must have great content and a strong social media strategy.

Good point, davincivirtual. So true. Spamming the Internet with crap content is dying and ineffective. Taking the time to create a business brand through your quality content is the way for an online business to survive.
  • mjk40mjk40 subscriber Posts: 0
    I`ve been working on marketing my site for about two months, with press releases, articles and posting comments. I`m starting to see the results with increased traffic and all it took was time and some effort.
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    As business people we can regularly feel like the deck is stacked against us with regards to the computerized world. We don't have an indistinguishable spending plans from our monstrous rivals, nor do we have the armed force of advertisers that they can utilize. The tips underneath will demonstrate to you how.

1. Facebook remarketing

2. Facebook email custom gatherings of people

3. Twitter remarketing

4. Invest 80 percent of your energy in the promotion's feature

5. Assemble an email list