WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

In search of advice for trucking company startup

SurefireflySurefirefly subscriber Posts: 2
edited December 2016 in Startup Funding
As the title states, I am looking to start my own trucking company as a single member LLC and run the owner/operator route. I have a trucking company picked out who is willing to lease my truck and myself on to haul their freight. My question I guess is how do I fund the equipment I need in order to be able to do the work that will be required of me? The ask a family member option is not on the table. Any help, advice, and mentoring is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time.

Darrin aka Surefirefly

Comments

• annerobertsanneroberts subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    If you're interested in starting a transportation service, these dozen ... The Staff of Entrepreneur Media, Inc. As a driver, you use your own vehicle, so startup costs are relatively low.Do these tests, you'll want to be knowledgeable to advise them.
  • Rich_CoppageRich_Coppage subscriber Posts: 0
    It's not that difficult per se. There are a number of firms that will provide equipment lease financing on a truck. The trick will be making sure your contracts can cover the cost of the lease because the leasing companies will want to understand that cash flow as well as any other business expenses you have.