WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Have you used LookupPage?

MikeCoMikeCo subscriber Posts: 1
I came across this online reputation management service called LookupPage,
where you can set up a free online webpage for promoting yourself and your business online (they use SEO techniques to bring your page to the top of Google search results page). They also provide daily statistics info about your page visitors although you need to upgrade to the paid package in order to view that info. Upgrading costs $95 (annual fee) which I don`t mind paying. However, I was wondering if anyone else is using this paid service and if the stats information provided is helpful.
Any reply will be appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    It looks like a link farm.   How this affects your Google pagerank is debatable. 
  • JmesJmes subscriber Posts: 4
    Hey there Mike
    I`ve joined the free service they`re offering a few days ago and, while I`m not on the first page of google for my name (unfortunately. it is a very common name)  I think it will improve with time.
    Their service says that if you buy their professional package you will get top google results guaranteed, though.
    What I do like about them is getting those daily emails telling you how many people have visited your site yesterday. Those are fun to receive, even though you can`t view who they were until you pay for their pro package
    Hope this helps
    Jmes
  • MikeCoMikeCo subscriber Posts: 1
    Thanks a lot for the advice Jmes.
    I plan to upgrade to the professional package during this weekend and test the service capabilities. I believe the benefit is greater than the cost.
    Mike
  • VideographyVideography subscriber Posts: 401 Silver Level Member
    Thanks a lot for the advice Jmes.
    I plan to upgrade to the professional package during this weekend and test the service capabilities. I believe the benefit is greater than the cost.

Please let us know your results.
    Thanks
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for your comments. I upgraded to the LookupPage Pro package on Saturday. You can click here to see my Page. One of the nicest things about the service is that you get email notifications whenever someone visits your page, and when you login to your account you can see when your page was visited, from exactly where (location and referral URL), and which search query triggered the visit.
    For example a colleague of mine searched my name on Google today and got to my LookupPage and then I saw the visit on my LookupPage which is rather nice.
    As you can see my name is rather popular so I guess I will also receive a lot of non-relevant traffic, but as long as the quality traffic will get to my page I will be happy.
    MikeCo12/8/2008 9:37 AM
    Hi ErpProvider,
    You are right about Google Analytics, but LookupPage is not their competitor. It`s an overall solution that helps you control your professional online presence.

I use this service for the following purposes:
    - Manage my online presence
    - Improve my positioning in search results
    - Promote my business and career prospects
    - Generate business leads
    - Track my page`s visitors

Not just for the stats.
    Thanks,

Mike
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    Our reasoning is straightforward: online notoriety matters! Individuals google your name all an ideal opportunity to take in more about you. LookUpPage was made to satisfy the fundamental need to control the list items for your name.Having a website page that positions in the main list items for your name places you in control of your online nearness. It secures your great name, whether it's for your own profession objectives or for the achievement of your business.
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
     LookUpPage was made to satisfy the fundamental need to control the list items for your name.Having a website page that positions in the main list items for your name places you in control of your online nearness.