WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Which Social media channel is best for business promotion ?

ElexalexElexalex subscriber Posts: 56 Bronze Level Member
edited December 2016 in Social Media Marketing
hy friends
i am running minicabs and taxi business in London can you tell me which social media channel is best for promotion , i will be thank full to you.

Comments

• bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Facebook will be best for your business.
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • RoshniRoshni subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Now a days people give very importance to deal with social media platforms. as per mi twitter, linked in and Facebook is the most powerful and best channel for business promotion
  • bellakieubellakieu subscriber Posts: 1
    Your use socai networks like facebook, twitter, g +. good luck.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    for business promotion twitter is the best social media channel and also you tube.
  • Ravi TrivediRavi Trivedi subscriber Posts: 25 Bronze Level Member
    LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Google+  are the best social media channels for business promotion online.
  • amanshastry43amanshastry43 subscriber Posts: 63 Bronze Level Member
    Most popular social media channels, best used for promotion
    Facebook
    twitter
    Google+
  • amanshastry43amanshastry43 subscriber Posts: 63 Bronze Level Member
    All the social channels are best there is no such defined channel but facebook is best in all 
  • Bill_SuBill_Su subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2017
    Unfortunately, you probably need to provide more information for us fully understand the best social media platform for your case.

The best social media platform varies depending on what kind of business objective you want to accomplish (are you trying to bring more people to book your minicab on your website? Or are you trying to engage with your current customers? Or are you just trying to do it for branding? etc. etc.)

But just based on what we have, you should probably consider Facebook, Twitter, and Google +. 

Facebook: It is probably one of the most popular social media platforms. It also provides a very accurate targeting mechanism for you to target people of specific geographic region, age, gender, and interests. To be honest, my intuition is that Facebook will be your best social media platform, but don't want to say anything without proof of data. 

The problem for Facebook is that it is increasingly becoming a pay-to-play platform now at it continuously change its news feed algorithm make it harder for businesses to reach target audiences without paying anything. If you have some marketing cash to spend, definitely try out Facebook. 

Twitter: Twitter is another great option. The way it works is that you send out 140 charactered short phrases with some hashtags (#) that define the category of the message. It also provides a fairly expansive analytics and targeting function for advertising. 

The problem of Twitter is that 140 characters is very restrictive in convey meaningful information. So people usually just tweet out links to articles or pictures or infographics.  There are also a lot of noises around finding your target audiences on twitter since your first few hundreds of followers are probably going to be companies trying to sell you stuffs. 

Google +: I confess that I personally do not have a lot of experience with G+ but from what I read and heard it is a fairly robust social media platform that you can build a fair number of following on if you have good contents consistently. Being on G+ for business can also help you with getting found on Google Map and search results, so definitely create a G+ for business profile if you haven't. 

The problem of Google + is that it has only half of registered users as Facebook or Twitter. People are also not as active on there as Facebook or Twitter. It is definitely an emerging platform and you might not get a lot of immediate benefits from it. 

Okay, lastly, I think the biggest success determinant of social media is not the platform you use. Choose one or two and just get started. The challenge is to consistently deliver unique, insightful, and compelling contents to people every day. 

In the beginning, everything is going to start very slowly and only will pick up after a month or so, the key is not getting frustrated and be persistent. 

Another important part of implementing a successful social media marketing strategy is to continuously test things out and use actual data to see which channel works the best for you. I know FB and Twitter have good analytics features, probably Google Plus to. Do look at those analytics and see what type of posts perform the best in terms of engagements and impressions, and make more of those posts. 

It's probably also helpful to figure out a way to measure impacts of your social media efforts to your actual business. If you have a website, implement Google Analytics and check where people are coming from. If you don't simply shoot your customers a survey and ask them what social media platform they use or how did they hear about your business. 

Whelp, sorry for the long post, there are just a lot of things here in social media marketing. Anyway, feel free to ping me either via reply or through personal message if you have any questions. I can whip up a list of contents for you to read more about if you think that's helpful :D

• Pablo LPablo L subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    The five most popular social media platforms and reputation sites: Facebook, Yelp, Twitter, Foursquare, and Google+, all need to work together in a cohesive manner to provide: sustainable growth, visibility, accurate business information, and professionalism.

The customers on these sites provide a massive opportunity to build word-of-mouth for brick-and-mortar businesses. The fact of the matter is, many small businesses simply don't have the (50-75 hrs/mo) necessary to: monitor these pages, protect their reputation, and post the relevant/engaging content necessary to capitalize on their existing customers. The mistake many small businesses make is outsourcing content creation to an outside company, who posts generic, un-engaging content to their pages - actually turning away current and potential customers.

I suggest you STOP spending money on advertising and focus solely on your word-of-mouth. Word-of-mouth is the best form of advertising you can do. 2017 is a very technology driven era, and the popular place word-of-mouth is happening today is online.

Many small businesses already have the likes, followers, and check-ins, to build this word-of-mouth but simply do not know how.There is equal opportunity in not yet having a social media presence. If customers see something on these pages that they don't like, it can actually turn them away. Many of these pages actually provide a list of nearby competitors (on YOUR page), allowing customers to choose your competitor at the click of a button.

This is important because these customers are not viewing these pages for fun. They are viewing these pages to make quick, on the spot, buying decisions. They are ready, willing, and able to spend money in real-time, and their buying decision comes down to the highest-rated, most professionally presented online presence. I see far too many above-average businesses turn potential customers towards their competitors - not for lack of superior service - but simply because they do not know how to properly manage these pages. If any small business owners would like to get in touch, I will happily spend 10-15 minutes online/on-the-phone conducting a social media assessment (pro-bono) and we can go over areas of opportunity for your business. I respect all small business owners seeking to educate themselves and evolve their business with the rapidly evolving market. I have just created my page but do not hesitate to contact me.
  • BrianWheelsBrianWheels subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Google+ and Google My Business to help you position yourself locally and add your business to google map. Also, for your business local search engine optimization is very important.
  • Unicopp BizexUnicopp Bizex subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    There are more social marketing channels available. You can use all social media channels to get engaged.

If your business belongs to B2C, then you can use FB exclusively.
    If your business belongs to B2B, then you can use linkedin exclusively.
  • Natalie MNatalie M subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    The best social media channels I think are Twitter and Facebook