WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Generating Traffic

onemansgoalonemansgoal subscriber Posts: 1
Hello all.  New here and just wanted to introduce myself.I`m Bryan and I run a website called One Mans Goal.  It`s a personal site with a direction towards helping beginning bloggers. The blog also caters to my goal.  My goal is an ambitious one.  Within one year I am trying to teach people (including myself) via my website, how to make it as a blogger.  What works, what doesn`t, etc.My question is this...  I can`t seem to deliver a steady stream of traffic to the site.  It`s relatively new still.  But the content is good (avg. visit of 7 minutes), the layout looks good, and it is updated daily.Can anyone check it out and tell me what the problem might be?365 Days - One Goal - Can I Do It?
onemansgoal2007-7-15 14:0:23

Comments

• onemansgoalonemansgoal subscriber Posts: 1
    You miss the point of my blog completely.  I`ll explain, but first let me say... there is an archive!The goal of the blog is for people to follow along with my goal.  Along with my goal of becoming a more profitable blogger, I want to create a system along the way that can be easily replicated.  Which is why I have the informative posts for beginners.  I`m not John Chow or Darren Rowse... I don`t claim to be.  Someone needs to put together some quality articles for the beginner.  And that`s what I`m doing.Would you prefer just to update you every single day about how much traffic I received or how much adsense revenue I`ve made?  No!
    onemansgoal2007-7-15 21:29:39
  • ideaGENERATORideaGENERATOR subscriber Posts: 4
    You need to learn how to market your blog, just like a website...

If your blog is informative... 
    `Digg` every post on Digg.com.
    there is also reddit, furl and netscape (relatively all the same)

`Stumble` everypage with stumbleUpon.com`s toolbar - becoming an active user and getting lots of friends on the site helps a lot.

Comment on other peoples blog and leave a link to your blog...

Hit up blog forums.

Writing is half the battle Good luck.
  • JoeJustinJoeJustin subscriber Posts: 1
    Brian,Your blog is cosmetically eye appealing.  I don`t know if your traffic has increased from what ide generator suggested with the social marketing, but I definitly agrre with him.  I have a page on my site with over 120 different social sites for you to use.  I also noticed on one of your posts you had over 24 comments.  Dude, that`s awesome!  Do you know how hard it is to get comments?  I like your 10k contest.  How long has it been since you started it?  Great idea!Some other things that have increased traffic for me is using the moist popular widget on my side bar.  It tells readers how many times an article has been viewed.  Another widget that comes with it is a top commenter`s widget.  This is the same thing except the top commentors get their name and link to their site.Start a feed train or get involved in some viral posts.  I have three different ones on my site and it has increased the one way links to my site.  Just copy the ones on my site and post them.  When you post them you should inform your readers that this is a great way to increase one way links with out having to beg for them.The whole concept of your site is a good one.  Because everyone starts off as a beginner.  When beginners arrive at the John Chows and Dean Hunts of the world.  They explain things in a format that`s not clear to beginners.  They go from A to B to F.  You on the other hand should make sure that you go from A to B, C, D, E, F.  I hope this helps!Best of luck!P.S. I am going to add you to my contact in MyBlogLog.
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    Locate a beneficial specialty and a focused on gathering of people and make them your objective gathering. Utilize watchword particular labels in online networking and one of a kind catchphrases in pay per snap and SEO to get guests. I've discovered all the more frequently then not long tail PPC and SEO watchwords produce more quality activity then your normal famous terms.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    Find a profitable niche and a targeted audience and make them your target group. Use keyword specific tags in social media and unique keywords in pay per click and SEO to get visitors. I've found more often then not long tail PPC and SEO keywords generate more quality traffic then your average popular terms
  • CarlbrewsterCarlbrewster subscriber Posts: 160 Silver Level Member
    To generate traffic on your site all you need is to post quality content on your blog section.
    You should share post relevant to your niche or services you're offering on your site.
    Share your post on the groups or communities (relevant to your niche) on social networking sites.
    Increase your blog/site ranking on SERP.
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member
    The best way to generate traffic, in the long run, is through Search Engine Optimization. Keep adding relevant content and optimize it for the relevant keywords and generate traffic or You can explore social media channels like Quora, Reddit to get instant traffic