WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Hey All ! - Do not know where to start !

HeyforumsHeyforums subscriber Posts: 4
edited December 2016 in New Member Welcome
Hey Everyone,

I been reading this forum for a little while so I decided to finally make an account.

I have always been fascinated about Business and Of course making money.

I been working in IT for 7 years now and while I loved it and was my passion over the last couple of years the love was not there and something within me says its boring and I have no passion and love for it no more - even though I had very great success and moved up very fast and made very good money.

I believe I am more of a entrepreneur and I been thinking openly about ideas and business ideas that could be useful to the world but could not find any (I'm still thinking)

I have more money than this but I am willing to spend like $90,000

is this enough? to start and grow a successful business.

I know its a long hard road ! and I am ready for the challenges !

Over the years I realized I have a bigger passion for fitness like bodybuilding and stuff and I gym a lot.

Maybe something in fitness?

Does anyone have any ideas?

I don't know where to start !

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Welcome to the StartupNation community!

Each business differs in terms of how much startup capital it takes to start a business. It obviously depends on many factors, such as the type of business it is, equipment needed, employees, product development and research costs, etc. So your question is hard to answer. I would say that $90,000 could surely be enough to start many businesses, but you need to determine what exactly your business is first before you can estimate costs.

According to an article I recently read from the Small Business Administration, the average cost of a startup is about $30,000. However, many businesses cost less than $10,000 to start, while many others may cost more than $30,000.

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC