WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Why A MLM Business Is The Best Business To Be In?

mrvalueinvestormrvalueinvestor subscriber Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Selecting a Business
I like my MLM business because it have multiple income streams to make money in.
Plus if i do nothing or invest, i will still be collecting my commissions from my active
team members. But i will never do that, plus thats not a long term strategy in building
my business.

Comments

• Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    I'm going to be honest here. Many multi-level-marketing businesses are deemed not credible, and several of which are eerily similar to pyramid schemes. There is little room for the employees to make any kind of income, and a lot of MLMs force employees to go door-to-door to sell a product, or have them sell things at a booth in grocery or retail stores. Other red flags are that employees are often required to buy a large amount of inventory to start, and in a lot of these cases, their income is 100 percent based on commission when the products are not of high value and are not easy to sell. Employers often promise high earnings with little effort, and that is generally not what happens. This model may benefit the business owners, but it rarely considers the well-being of its employees or provides a living wage.

I am not saying your MLM is the same, or that you run it in a similar manner as the others, but you even mention that you could collect commission from your team members if you wanted to. I have a few questions. How do you prove that your business is legitimate? How do you make sure your employees are happy and paid well enough to live? How do you establish credibility?

There is a stigma attached to MLMs, and as somebody who has "interviewed" at these places before, and realized as soon as I walked in that there was no credibility or opportunity at these kinds of businesses, I have to agree with that stigma.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Form my own personal experience. I would like to tell... MLM Business is not the best choose anything else...
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • Options
    Epixel_MLM_SoftwareEpixel_MLM_Software subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    The most exceptional contribution from software solutions to several MLM Business has been that it has allowed companies to manage their Multi Level Marketing business with ease. The evolution of the software solution development is fuelling the on-going transformation of the business environment and the entire business process. Over several years, companies across the globe have been witnessing a growing business reliance on the resourcefulness of Multi-Level Marketing Software. :)
  • Options
    Tuah BaoTuah Bao subscriber Posts: 176 Silver Level Member
    I worked in a MLM company for the past 5-6 years. It is definitely not as easy as everyone would think. It is not about just you who can sell (or 'share', the preferred word) the product, but all your downlines (including downlines of your downlines.....etc) must have the great ability to sell (or 'share') the products.

Therefore, it is not just about your performance, but the performance of your group. If your downlines are not as strong as you. You will still need to work very hard in order to qualify the commission.

Of course, if your group is strong, then you will get commission each month without doing much (as what you have highlighted). In reality, only a few major groups achieved such result. 
    Tuah Bao
    100+ done for you courses to immediately start running your own profitable e-learning business
    https://www.courseserious.com/