WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Deep Linking

abdelrahman80abdelrahman80 subscriber Posts: 2
I have gone through lots of link exchange types but I didnt try the deep linking.and I need some advices about it, are there any?

Comments

• vwebworldvwebworld subscriber Posts: 40
    Deep linking is essentially having links that go to web pages other than your home page.
    Linking to such interior web pages is fine and appropriate when the page`s content is relevant.

When linking to interior pages make sure your navigation is clear so the viewer knows where they are and can find their way around your site.

In general, link exchanges are not as valuable as they were in the past and may hurt your site.
    However, keeping the links highly relevant to your site and page is a good practice.

~Roland
  • abdelrahman80abdelrahman80 subscriber Posts: 2
    Dear Roland,
    Thank you for the tip. As normal link exchange may hurt my site, so deep linking can be worse. I have different languages so how can I gain link popularity for that versions.
    ?
  • kiwisoutbackkiwisoutback subscriber Posts: 0
    We were trying some forms of deep linking with directories, assuming that any link was a good link. We were way wrong!  It didn`t help us at all, and we`ve since stopped adding to directories and seen an increase in popularity.
  • ivanpwivanpw subscriber Posts: 2
    Hi,
    IMHO, deep linking is good for strengthening your site.  Perhaps not really increasing your site`s popularity, but clearly helping your site to be viewed better by the search engine.
    Cheers!
  • handelgatehandelgate subscriber Posts: 2
    We were trying some forms of deep linking with directories, assuming that any link was a good link. We were way wrong!  It didn`t help us at all, and we`ve since stopped adding to directories and seen an increase in popularity.

Did you mean link exchange with directories or one way links to your site too?
    I ve submitted my site to hundreds of free directories (one way links only)? Is it a bad?
  • WebJunkyWebJunky subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    abdel,

consider the following:

1) one way links are the best

focus on your website`s content and as you build quality and relevancy, other websites will point to your site with due time.  one way links that point to you are the best.  a good way (not cheap but can be free) to get some links in is to submit your website to directories.  yahoo and dmoz are the two biggest and most powerful names in directory submissions.

2) link exchange

approach similar but non competing businesses / websites in your industry.  make sure they are relevant to your website`s subject matter.  prepare a good email that you can send to the webmaster initiating a link exchange request (see below for link to sample letters).  remember, this process is all about quality and not quantity.  all you need are few credible links with relevant websites.  and while it is ok to have a dedicated links or resources page, i recommend embedding your link partners within the content of your website.  ask them to do the same for you. this step alone can make a very big difference!

3) alexa rankings and page rank tools

use the following tools to assess your potential link trading partner`s credibility on the Internet

Google`s page rank tool - tells you the popularity and strength of a website.  basically how many other websites are pointing or linking to it

Alexa traffic rankings - gives you an idea of where the site ranks amongst all others on the internet.  doesn`t tell you the traffic in numbers but can give a good approximation of a site`s relative position to others on the web

4) internal links

it is a very good idea to link each web page back to your home page or to the next page you want your visitor to view.  keep a simple left navigation bar that is concise and clean - all visitor eyes usually go there by default.  incorporate a search and site map function on your website in case your visitor gets lost or can`t find something quick.

5) the best resources

i have not seen many good link exchange programs out there.  in fact, many are a waste of money.  some good ones that i have personal experience with are the following:

LinksManager

an effective, ethical and extremely simple to use link exchange program - works behind the scenes by consistently submitting your link pages. they automatically match your site’s content with potential partners and adds new links, searches for and deletes dead links that are currently on your site. it will search the web to look for you reciprocal link on other websites, and will rotate your links pages often for new looks. there is a free trial period so you can try it out with no risk.

Arelis

will automatically create your link pages on a template that matches your site and can find compatible quality reciprocal link exchange partners. it also creates and send emails on your behalf using custom messages that you can modify to personalize the message.  they have a no obligation free trial period which you can try with no risk.

Value Exchange

this tool allows you to fully automate the process and has worked great for me. it automatically finds high-value, similarly themed sites and initiates the link exchange.  you can monitor your link status and communicate with other webmasters instantly with very minimal manual effort if any.

6) read this discussion for comprehensive information on link exchanging to better optimize your search engine ranking results

7) link exchange resources - sample link exchange letters and templates - the good and the bad ones

good luck and please let us all know about the progress you are making!
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member

Deep linking is essentially having links that go to web pages other than your home page.Linking to such interior web pages is fine and appropriate when the page`s content is relevant. When linking to interior pages make sure your navigation is clear so the viewer knows where they are and can find their way around your site. In general, link exchanges are not as valuable as they were in the past and may hurt your site.However, keeping the links highly relevant to your site and page is a good practice. ~Roland

Deep linking is not something that Google looks at at all when searching sites.  Other search engines may look at that but not Google.  They don`t put any weight at all on it but other search engines may.
    In regards to the text in bold above, do a Google search for the term `google webmaster guidelines` and click the first link that appears in the search.  This should help you with what to do and what not to do when doing internal (within the same site) link strategies.  What Roland said in bold is part of the guidelines for site design.
    As for tips for increasing your inbound links, it all depends on what your site is about.  What`s the URL of your site?sddreamweavers6/4/2008 5:32 AM
  • cashpriorcashprior subscriber Posts: 0
    I totally disagree with you, google will crawl ALL of your pages (home page and deep links) to to best match your content with the right set of keywords. Deep linking takes time and effort. a successful deep linking campaign requires good and unique content, descriptive titles, and a back links campaigns that will help google confirm that.
    Links from some directories are a waste of time, so is link exchanging to some extend. I`ve made websites that have almost no backlinks, just proper content that show in the first or second page for mid competitive keywords, and google shows top 20 results to the home page as well to a deep link page.
  • cashpriorcashprior subscriber Posts: 0
    I don`t want to be too harsh, but is not hard to figure out why your website (http://www.sddreamweavers.com/san-diego ... ting-blog/) doesn`t show on the first 50 (at least) result for the entire weak keyword "san diego seo marketing blog" -Sorry to bring that up.
  • sddreamweaverssddreamweavers subscriber Posts: 5 Member
    I don`t want to be too harsh, but is not hard to figure out why your website (http://www.sddreamweavers.com/san-diego ... ting-blog/) doesn`t show on the first 50 (at least) result for the entire weak keyword "san diego seo marketing blog" -Sorry to bring that up.

That`s because the blog went live last week.  I spend way too much time working with my other customers that I neglected to market myself.  It`s something that I am working on changing.  sddreamweavers6/6/2008 5:48 PM
  • Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    With regards to the World Wide Web, profound connecting is the utilization of a hyperlink that connections to a particular, for the most part searchable or filed, bit of web substance on a site (e.g., "http://example.com/way/page"), instead of the site's landing page (e.g., "http://example.com/").
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
    Deep linking is a tool used by websites to point a visitor directly to a page within the website instead of the landing page or front page of the site. It allows visitors to go directly to the information they require, which may be available on a certain page of the website, but not on the web page to which the basic link leads.
    Most people visiting your website will expect to be guided directly to what they are looking for. So it makes sense to link your visitors directly to the relevant inner page they are looking for rather than always directing them to your home page. This is made possible through inner-page link building, which is also known as deep link building. If you do not build links to the inner pages of your website, you have less chance of search engines finding, indexing and returning your website’s inner pages in search results.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    deep linking is the use of a hyperlink that links to a specific, generally searchable or indexed, piece of web content on a website (e.g., "http://example.com/path/page"), rather than the website's home page (e.g., "http://example.com/").
  • sinGNsinGN subscriber Posts: 116 Silver Level Member
    Hi,
    Deep links help to increase the site strength.
    It has some advantages:
    1) It Raise the authority of the entire site

2) Increase site’s relevancy

3) Increase site’s visibility
  • dipika13dipika13 subscriber Posts: 63
    Deep linking is one of tool t used for websites to point visitors directly to page within the website instead of the landing page of the website. it allows to visitors directly to the information they require.