WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Which page to optimize?

PiperTaxPiperTax subscriber Posts: 5
OK, looking for some advice from the search engine marketing experts.
I know there is some discussion as to the wisdom of optimizing (ie, attempting to generate external links directing toward) your home page vs optimizing a different page (product page or popular info page, for instance). From what I hear, generally the latter option tends to be more popular.
My question is a little different:
I`m a couple months away from having a book I recently wrote (about tax topics for sole proprietors) being available on Amazon. Now, I`ll have a page on my site that is designed to market the book as well. But all potential buyers are simply going to be directed to the book`s page on Amazon.
So, which page to optimize? The marketing page on my site, where I can completely control the content? Or the book`s page on Amazon, which is where they`d have to buy it anyway?
Some initial thoughts: Sending them directly to Amazon makes it seem more likely they`d click through to a competing book and buy that one instead. However, I`m a big fan of making the process as simple as possible for the buyer.  Also, a book`s page on Amazon can be a very powerful sales tool (buyer reviews for instance), not to mention the important fact that readers are already familiar with Amazon and comfortable buying there.
So, anybody else with thoughts/suggestions?
Thanks ahead of time,
MikePiperTax2007-7-30 13:0:42

Comments