WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

solutions to importing issues needed

Happy88Happy88 subscriber Posts: 1
What are some solutions to the following issues:

1. Sometimes I'll order 100 items of a certain product and when I ask my supplier are you 100% sure you have sent all 100 pieces, he will say Yes Yes. But when it arrives I realize he has only sent 60... So when I ask him why he only sent 60 he will just say don't worry i'll send you the remaining 40 pieces next week. (He does usually send me the remaining pieces eventually but I hate when he does this because I need to plan accordingly and my money gets stuck with him for longer than expected)

2. Sometimes my supplier will say he has sent me my full order already by air. So when I ask him for AWB, commercial invoice & packing list he makes excuses and keeps re assuring me my order has been shipped and it will arrive soon. An air shipment shouldn't take longer than a week. Then after 2 or 3 weeks he'll send me the paperwork so I think if he sent me this it must be shipped out by now. So I send it to my customs broker but he says it is not trackable and probably hasn't even left their country. Then my supplier will dissappear for a week or so and then again say it has already been shipped even though there is no tracking. And then eventually I do receive my order but after tons of lies. I just need to know the truth of when it will arrive. I need a solution to this issue.

3. Another issue I have faced recently is my supplier had always told me the product i was buying from him was made from hemp fabric. So I recently had lab tests done on the fabric and the results showed it was in fact a cotton/poly blend. My supplier wouldn't tell me the truth even after asking for the truth from him many times. So now I have sent him the lab results and he knows the truth but now I ordered a similar product from him and asked what is the exact blend of the fabric and he just tells me, tell me what you want me to put on the tag and that is what I will put. So I again ask him to please tell me the exact fabric blend since he says he makes these fabrics so he should know, but again he just says "Just tell me what to put on the tags and I will put". So now not sure what to do? I need to be 100% sure of the fabric blends that I order from him.

These are some issues that have been killing me. If anyone has some insight on how to resolve these importing issues for me please share! I would really appreciate it!

Comments

• emeliaingramemeliaingram subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    Happy88 wrote:

2. Sometimes my supplier will say he has sent me my full order already by air. So when I ask him for AWB, commercial invoice & packing list he makes excuses and keeps re assuring me my order has been shipped and it will arrive soon. An air shipment shouldn't take longer than a week. Then after 2 or 3 weeks he'll send me the paperwork so I think if he sent me this it must be shipped out by now. So I send it to my customs broker but he says it is not trackable and probably hasn't even left their country. Then my supplier will dissappear for a week or so and then again say it has already been shipped even though there is no tracking. And then eventually I do receive my order but after tons of lies. I just need to know the truth of when it will arrive. I need a solution to this issue.

I doubt that your customs broker can track it because he/she is just in-charge with clearing the documents through customs barrier. A licensed customs brokers just prepares the documents with regards to payment such as taxes, excises and dues. They just also facilitate the communication between importers, exporters and government authorities. Problably the one you can rely on for tracking are freight forwarders.

Regards,
    Emelia Ingram
    BR International Licensed Customs Brokers Provider
  • marcos26marcos26 subscriber Posts: 4
    I think you should make a type of contract with your supplier. Saying on it:
    1 - that he needs to make the fabric from a especific material
    2 - the minimun amount of an order for being send on the same shipment.
    3 - And that he needs to put on the label each of the materials from what the fabric is make with their percentage.

I think you should be really careful because selling a product telling is one thing and is really another could bring your business big problems. No only that but the behavior of your suplier is really irresponsable, for some situations is normal a wrong number of the amount he send but asking for you what to put on the label is just unacceptable.
  • Ystoi1Ystoi1 subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Several methods are available for importing data from other issue tracking systems into JIRA. Depending on your other issue tracking system, it may be more appropriate to use one of these other methods than to first export your data from that system to a CSV file and then import that CSV file into JIRA. If your other issue tracking system is listed on the Migrating from other issue trackers page, try using the appropriate method for that issue tracker (which is accessible from that page) to import data into JIRA.
    If you want to raise a bug report or improvement suggestion about this feature, please do so within the JIRA Importers plugin project.