WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

How do you Increase Weekend Traffic to your Website or Social Media Accounts?

Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
Hello,

I need the community's help with this one. I am not sure how many of you have experienced this, but I am betting it is the majority. Do you see traffic to your website or social media accounts dip tremendously during the weekend when compared to the weekdays?

What are the best ways to combat this? What strategies do we need to be following to increase weekend traffic? Is it through exclusive events like livestreams of webinars and workshops, is it social media contests? Please, let me know your opinions.
Ryan O'Bleness
Community Manager
StartupNation, LLC

Comments

• veraajvermaveraajverma subscriber Posts: 117 Silver Level Member
    Its a very common issue i have faced so many times with my sites or projects. The only way to increase website traffic during weekend is running paid campaigns.
  • amanshastry43amanshastry43 subscriber Posts: 63 Bronze Level Member
    I Make a plan and strategy before the weekend, that what should i do in this weekend to rank my website high
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Have either of you tried any weekend events, such as webinars, Q&As or livestreams?
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • nganhangnganhang subscriber Posts: 20
    not really people share their opinions here.. i think i am gonna find the informations somewhere.
  • bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Have either of you tried any weekend events, such as webinars, Q&As or livestreams?

It's good idea.

Discount offer on Weekend may be increase traffic.
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • edatascholarsedatascholars subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Hello Everyone!

I faced the same issue when I am a fresher to this digital marketing. Later I concentrated on Social Media to increase website traffic in a weekend. Make a plan what should post on weekend use tools to post on social media sites according to timings. Weekend information should be interesting not a regular business information something about people, places, interesting quotes or any kind of contest etc...
    Weekend posting timings are very important mostly post morning 9AM to 3PM between and later after 11PM
  • david14beckdavid14beck subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
    Digital marketing is a good way to increase traffic on weekend, you can use tools for generating traffic. Make a plan, set a time for posting a content on social media. On weekend, there is more traffic as compare to week days. Discount coupon on weekend generate a more traffic.
  • BostonBoston subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    I would need to know more about the business to give solid advice. Why are you in need of the traffic on the weekend? If the bulk of the searches are on weekdays, i would normally focus on taking more traffic away from my competitors when traffic was high rather than to put more effort into trying to pull in what little traffic is occurring online on the weekends. If however there is a practical need, such as a restaurant for example, then the content has to be geared differently.
    Boston wrote:
    I would need to know more about the business to give solid advice. Why are you in need of the traffic on the weekend? If the bulk of the searches are on weekdays, i would normally focus on taking more traffic away from my competitors when traffic was high rather than to put more effort into trying to pull in what little traffic is occurring online on the weekends. If however there is a practical need, such as a restaurant for example, then the content has to be geared differently.

Hi, Boston:

The reason I brought this topic up is simply because weekend traffic has always been much lower when being compared to weekdays. There is not a specific reason, other than trying to get more consistent traffic on the weekends, when it is harder to gain users' attention. It is just something our team and executives had concerns about.

I do see your point, though. It makes sense to tend to your returning users and to attract new users when there is more potential. With that said, we would still like to increase weekend traffic.

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • BostonBoston subscriber Posts: 9 Member
    Boston wrote:

Hi, Boston:

The reason I brought this topic up is simply because weekend traffic has always been much lower when being compared to weekdays. There is not a specific reason, other than trying to get more consistent traffic on the weekends, when it is harder to gain users' attention. It is just something our team and executives had concerns about.

I do see your point, though. It makes sense to tend to your returning users and to attract new users when there is more potential. With that said, we would still like to increase weekend traffic.

Best,

Cool. I always go for intent of the user. What would they be thinking about. Using StartupNation as an example. What are would be entrepreneurs thinking about on the weekend? Content such as "How to start a business on the weekends". "Part time businesses that are easy to start". Push a social media campaign around this too.
  • vivekshuklavivekshukla subscriber Posts: 130 Silver Level Member
    Try to take participation in weekend challenges or post content on weekly news on your social media channels and share with your communities
    Good advice, @vivekshukla. Thank you for your thoughts. Those are surely strategies we strive to execute. 
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC