WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Website marketing , what should I pay for and not pay for

LyfeExperienceLyfeExperience subscriber Posts: 6
I have a social networking/support website.  When it comes to marketing I have very little experience, only what I have read and no programming skills.   I was wondering if someone could let me know if I`m on the right track or not, heres my plan in a nutshell:
Write online articles, post in blogs, get articles in magazines/newspaper, word of mouth, postcards in different places where my users would hang out, ppc, and I would rather not do SEO because I don`t have a lot of money to do it and what I `ve read its better to get it organically, but let me know if I am wrong.
Thanks!
Mike

Comments

• NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Mike,
    I would suggest you hire someone to help you with your Marketing Project.
    Although, there are some things you can do on your own. You eventually have to hire a professional to help you with marketing.
    SEO is the first thing to consider if you want to make it into the organic searches. I wouldn`t advise PPC (Pay Per Click) if you say you don`t have alot of money to market your web site.
    I would suggest Email Marketing to all your friends, I would distribute flyers and business cards everywhere
  • LyfeExperienceLyfeExperience subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks, I think your right.  But doesn`t it seem kind of wrong to actually go to other communities and tell people to come to mine.  Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks
  • NuevolutionNuevolution subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Isn`t that how things work in the real world? You open a restaurant(for example) and you invite others to come and try your food? See, we are in a time where the customers confidence gap is very high. The confidence gap is when a customer is mis-lead by advertisement [mostly overwhelmed] and makes the wrong decision into joining something or buying something just because someone wrote more about there services. It is perfectly normal to compete competion is out there and by you inviting others to your site you are not taking the customers away, it is solely up to the customer to fill out your form and join your network.
  • AstridAstrid subscriber Posts: 0
    I have Pay Per Click advertisement on for quite a few month. First it worked well but in recent few months, I did not receive many leads as first. I don`t figure out yet why is that.

• TimBTimB subscriber Posts: 4
    Website can be a portal for your sucess. If your traffic on website is good then your customers are facing getting required data from your website. This could make them seek your competitors (word of mouth would change too) which can be dangerous for your business. To fix that, try Live Chat Support for Website, its effective in such cases.
    If your traffic is reducing then you should work on publicity of the website. For that you can consult Google as it is the best serch engine. Search effective ways to promote website.
    Hope your problem gets fixed soon.
  • jkwebdesignjkwebdesign subscriber Posts: 0
    With little to no budget, I suggest leaving business cards around instead of post cards. Business cards you can get for free from Vista.
    If you know SEO, you can start it yourself with very targeted, long tail keywords. They will be easier for you to rank for in less time. Offer something on your site for free, such as an e-book related to the site. They have to put their email in to get the download link. Getting their email is very, very valuable for marketing.
    Use Facebook and Pinterest!
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    Site can be an entry for your sucess. On the off chance that your activity on site is great then your clients are confronting getting required information from your site.
    SEO is the primary thing to consider on the off chance that you need to make it into the natural pursuits. I wouldn`t exhort PPC (Pay Per Click) on the off chance that you say you don`t have alot of cash to advertise your site.