WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

I NEED TO GAIN MORE TRAFFIC TO MY WEBSITE. WHAT DO I DO?

MaxibillionMaxibillion subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
edited January 2017 in Marketing
I've been trying various methods to gain traffic but I see little to no results. I am mainly focusing on forums right now but what are the other good options? Somebody please help me out.
Learn what experts are calling the investment of the century... for FREE
https://maxkosmalski.sendlane.com/view/ ... ment-guide

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Hi,

From the technical aspect, search engine optimization and paid media/advertising campaigns are obviously everything, but let's look at this from a different perspective. A lot of it comes down to connecting with your target audience. Some things to try include using social media, writing a blog, using third party forums and connecting with journalists if you have newsworthy information.

Social media:

Look to join LinkedIn and Facebook groups in your niche industry. Listen to the conversations, read articles and contribute in positive ways. Do not ever think about spamming, but post relevant articles to your content when the time is right. Talk to the moderators to find out the rules. Google Hangouts may be something else to consider.

Follow people on Twitter who are successful in your field and learn from them. Retweet and like their tweets, and reach out if necessary. These can be professionals in your field or bloggers/journalists covering your specific beat.

Think about social media differently. Promote posts and advertise when applicable. Target these posts. Share images and videos, which are known to generate more engagement than links or text. But also link back to your website and blog as often as possible.

Blogging

Blogging is a key element for inbound marketing, if that is the approach you are taking. Within your blog, show off your expertise in your field. Have calls-to-actions at the end of your blog and on the side bar, such as "Sign up for our newsletter" or have a content offer where you can capture contact info. Provide internal and external links and make sure to follow best practices for search engine optimization. If you don't have a blog, consider getting one.

Third Party Forums

Quora, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Yahoo! Answers and other similar platforms all have an enormous user base. These are platforms to show off your expertise, not to drop links. So, if you must drop a link, it has to be done strategically and at the right time. Same here at StartupNation.

Connecting with Journalists

I'm not entirely sure what your product or service is, but if you have something newsworthy -- a new product launch, a new hire, a new sales record, an event, etc. -- you should be trying to get this out to the media so that they can share it with their audience. You do this by creating press releases, media pitches and media advisories. Do your research and figure out who covers this kind of news in the locations you want the news to get out to. Or, pay a couple hundred dollars and put it on a reputable wire service. Make sure your release is optimized for search, includes keywords, has a link to your website and explains the who, what, where, when and why. Again, Twitter is a good way to find the best members of the media for you.

Most importantly, as mentioned, is to make sure every page on your website is fully optimized. That is what will drive organic search traffic. If you need tips with that, check out this recent article from StartupNation:

https://startupnation.com/grow-your-business/seo-techniques

You may want to look into setting a budget for Google Adwords as well, where you can pay for certain keywords to help with your Google search.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Holly HimmelHolly Himmel subscriber Posts: 5
    Social media and social networks when you're first starting out are very important to gain backlinks. I also gain direct traffic by targeting social communities that are relevant to my niche. I don't see a lot of people mention Reddit, it's a massive community, where you can engage and post your links (as long as it's not spam) in certain sections of the site that have a lot of followers. I've gotten thousands of visitors from there if my post gets upvoted enough.

You can get ranked in search engines by updating your website daily with new, unique content. I have a blog that I put 3 to 4 posts on daily, and target lower compeitition keywords. The posts get ranked pretty quickly once your site has been live for 3-6 months.
  • dibikincantikdibikincantik subscriber Posts: 1
    you should make another bookmarks any website high PR, such as pinterest and stumble upon :D
  • jaydeep006jaydeep006 subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    To get more traffic to your site you have to promote it on various social media sites, have to do both on page and off page SEO to get organic traffic. Google and other online ads will also help you to get traffic to your site.
  • pulsapulsa subscriber Posts: 8
    jaydeep006 wrote:
    To get more traffic to your site you have to promote it on various social media sites, have to do both on page and off page SEO to get organic traffic. Google and other online ads will also help you to get traffic to your site.

100% agreed with this opinion.. try to promote your site at various social medias... media are the bestt
    bisnis pulsa elektrik murah | Kami menawarkan peluang bisnis pulsa elektrik termurah | transaksi PPOB, listrik cepat, aman. pulsa elektrik | pulsa murah
  • MaxibillionMaxibillion subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
    Hi,

From the technical aspect, search engine optimization and paid media/advertising campaigns are obviously everything, but let's look at this from a different perspective. A lot of it comes down to connecting with your target audience. Some things to try include using social media, writing a blog, using third party forums and connecting with journalists if you have newsworthy information.

Social media:

Look to join LinkedIn and Facebook groups in your niche industry. Listen to the conversations, read articles and contribute in positive ways. Do not ever think about spamming, but post relevant articles to your content when the time is right. Talk to the moderators to find out the rules. Google Hangouts may be something else to consider.

Follow people on Twitter who are successful in your field and learn from them. Retweet and like their tweets, and reach out if necessary. These can be professionals in your field or bloggers/journalists covering your specific beat.

Think about social media differently. Promote posts and advertise when applicable. Target these posts. Share images and videos, which are known to generate more engagement than links or text. But also link back to your website and blog as often as possible.

Blogging

Blogging is a key element for inbound marketing, if that is the approach you are taking. Within your blog, show off your expertise in your field. Have calls-to-actions at the end of your blog and on the side bar, such as "Sign up for our newsletter" or have a content offer where you can capture contact info. Provide internal and external links and make sure to follow best practices for search engine optimization. If you don't have a blog, consider getting one.

Third Party Forums

Quora, Reddit, StumbleUpon, Yahoo! Answers and other similar platforms all have an enormous user base. These are platforms to show off your expertise, not to drop links. So, if you must drop a link, it has to be done strategically and at the right time. Same here at StartupNation.

Connecting with Journalists

I'm not entirely sure what your product or service is, but if you have something newsworthy -- a new product launch, a new hire, a new sales record, an event, etc. -- you should be trying to get this out to the media so that they can share it with their audience. You do this by creating press releases, media pitches and media advisories. Do your research and figure out who covers this kind of news in the locations you want the news to get out to. Or, pay a couple hundred dollars and put it on a reputable wire service. Make sure your release is optimized for search, includes keywords, has a link to your website and explains the who, what, where, when and why. Again, Twitter is a good way to find the best members of the media for you.

Most importantly, as mentioned, is to make sure every page on your website is fully optimized. That is what will drive organic search traffic. If you need tips with that, check out this recent article from StartupNation:

https://startupnation.com/grow-your-business/seo-techniques

You may want to look into setting a budget for Google Adwords as well, where you can pay for certain keywords to help with your Google search.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Awesome! Thankyou so much I will get right on it!
    Learn what experts are calling the investment of the century... for FREE
    https://maxkosmalski.sendlane.com/view/ ... ment-guide
  • AliceArifovaAliceArifova subscriber Posts: 38 Bronze Level Member
    you can get more traffic for your website through social media channels
  • ShreyaKoushikShreyaKoushik subscriber Posts: 24 Bronze Level Member
    These are few effective tips & tricks for generating organic traffic towards your website-

Use social networking platforms to Share Your Posts & Find New Connections.
    Target Your Content to an Audience Likely to Share.
    Promote Your Facebook Page On Your Other Social Networks.
    Participate in the Communities Where Your Audience Already Gathers.
    Make Your Blog's Content SEO-Friendly.
    Conduct Keyword Research While Writing Your Posts.
    Use video to get more exposure for your blog.
    Add a landing page to one of your thumbnails.
    Guest Blog.
    Participate in Q+A Sites.
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    It's insufficient to create incredible substance and trust that individuals observe it – you must be proactive. One of the most ideal approaches to expand activity to your site is to utilize online networking channels to advance your substance. Twitter is perfect for short, smart (and enticing) joins, while Google+ advancement can help your site appear in customized query items and appears to be particularly compelling in B2B specialties. In case you're a B2C item organization, you may discover extraordinary footing with picture overwhelming social destinations like Pinterest and Instagram.
  • deeteideetei subscriber Posts: 11
    Have a budget and start using Google Ads. It is a very potential way to gain your target traffic
  • PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    edited November 2016
    You should start doing activities on social media, curating content and most importantly you should get involved in Email marketing.Email marketing is the best way to drive traffic, most of the startups grow their businesses by following the same strategy.It is very effective regarding performance, cost-effectiveness,effeciency, but among all, it is more effective in generating leads.For this, I use a software called Easysendy Pro which helped me in sending bulk emails to generate good business leads with NO SPAM.It is low cost ($23) than any other email marketing tool and also gives you 2000 subscribers free for each month.
  • PRGuyDCPRGuyDC subscriber Posts: 20
    Certainly look into On Page SEO and Off Page SEO. Get a couple of experts to give you their opinion. Do not do black hat SEO.

Furthermore, there are sites (google has a few) where you can test and see how your site is doing and viewed by SE crawlers.

Put more content (proper relevant content).

Hope this helps.
    A startup Tech Guy who is getting is starting PR on the side with mentality, you pay only if covered.
  • PaulSCambellPaulSCambell subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
    Post fresh content that is different from other content.
    Make use of eye-catching keywords, that catch the eyes of your customers.
    Boost your presence on different social medias.
    Try to use back links from the trusted sites.
  • heris charlesheris charles subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
  • salmonjames21salmonjames21 subscriber Posts: 22 Bronze Level Member
    Well there's no hard and fast rule for that. Though I am new into all such stuff. However, I would say that we will keep on doing hit and trials for that.
    Some renowned methods are
    Forum posting
    Commenting
    Engagements

However, above all content is the king. The more we keep on writing, the more it will gain position in Google.