WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

5 Social Media Marketing Tips

seventhlevel1seventhlevel1 subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Social Media Marketing
1. Presentation Is Everything:

How you present your company makes all of the difference, even on social media platforms. When creating or managing your social media account, don’t be afraid to dress it up with your companies colors or logos! It has been proven that how your profiles look can determine the following that you get. We live in a digital age where most followers want to see bright colors and flashy objects. Make your page scream the passion of your company through visuals.

2. Actually Get Social:

Now that you have your big beautiful social media page, now what? Well remember this, its call SOCIAL media for a reason. Start interacting with the audience you do have and go create the audience that you want. There are numerous ways to do so without spending any money. First, promote your business page (Facebook) on your personal page. However don’t be spamy. What this means is don’t go posting about your company page every hour on the hour. Space it out. Start looking at your friends that own companies and like there pages, then requesting that they like yours. Start sharing posts from your company page to your personal page. Promote on other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Google+ ( these tips work for those as well).

Spend a lot of time going through the friends that you already have to promote your page to them. Not everyone will follow, but if your content is good, they will promote for you, which leads to my next tip:

3. Post Great Content:

Not everyone is into the boring text posts that most companies post. This is why they lack a following. Get INTERACTIVE! Its been proven that posting more picture and video content reacts way better than just the standard text post. When it comes to pictures, make sure they are clear photos that vividly describe the scene! Pictures can convey a message, or bring emotion. Video however will ultimately draw the most in! People love to see you embarrassing yourself but more importantly, video content gives your followers and potential followers a chance to see what your company is really about!

4. Post Consistently:

The sad truth is that most companies fail in this area. They go through the steps of creating a good page, and then drop the ball when it comes to posting. Most excuses are ” we don’t have the time to and we don’t have the funds to hire someone to do it for us”. If you can carve out an hour a day then you can post consistently. Posting consistently to your company page gives you credibility. When someone goes to your page and sees that you haven’t posted in the last 3 weeks, they don’t really have a reason to stick around. When you have a steady flow of content on your page, it allows users to make an informed decision on whether or not to follow you!

5. Don’t Be Afraid To Invest:

Oh no not my money! If that’s what comes to mind when it comes to Facebook advertising, then you don’t understand Facebook. Lets help you understand. There are over 7 billion people in the world, with over 1 billion of those being active Facebook users!! Wait what? Yeah over 10% of the WHOLE world is using Facebook. Now lets break down how that applies to you. So, Facebook takes all 1billion plus users and monitors their interests, likes and dislikes. They then take that data and figure out how businesses can utilize it. That’s called targeting an audience. Now you come along and invest in paid advertising on Facebook.That then allows you to target YOUR audience while Facebook only shows your Ad to those that are interested in what it is that you do. There really is no other online form of advertising like it. In other words, take some of your advertising budget and put it towards creating a good Facebook campaign and watch the leads come. There have been tons of companies that have raised there revenue using Facebook advertising.

Hope this helps somone!

I have a blog here http://www.7thleveldevelopment.com/blog/ where I give tips on marketing, web design, technology etc...

Comments

• john26666john26666 subscriber Posts: 3 Member
    Hey I was reading your post on social media marketing. Could you check out and possibly fill out (we are highscoolers who are starting a company and doing some primary market research) and provide some feedback?

Thanks!

http://goo.gl/forms/akvkrEGLAiL9fwhf2
  • GarageDoorMartGarageDoorMart subscriber Posts: 10 Bronze Level Member
    1. Bypass ‘Leaky’ Landing Pages Altogether
    2. Leverage the Power of ‘Life Events’
    3. Provide a Seamless, Cohesive Visual Experience
    4. Build Communities Around Actionable Hashtags
    5. Structure Social Campaigns Around Your Business Objectives
  • dave123dave123 subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    1. Presentation Is Everything:

How you present your company makes all of the difference, even on social media platforms. When creating or managing your social media account, don’t be afraid to dress it up with your companies colors or logos! It has been proven that how your profiles look can determine the following that you get. We live in a digital age where most followers want to see bright colors and flashy objects. Make your page scream the passion of your company through visuals.

2. Actually Get Social:

Now that you have your big beautiful social media marketing course page, now what? Well remember this, its call SOCIAL media for a reason. Start interacting with the audience you do have and go create the audience that you want. There are numerous ways to do so without spending any money. First, promote your business page (Facebook) on your personal page. However don’t be spamy. What this means is don’t go posting about your company page every hour on the hour. Space it out. Start looking at your friends that own companies and like there pages, then requesting that they like yours. Start sharing posts from your company page to your personal page. Promote on other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Google+ ( these tips work for those as well).

Spend a lot of time going through the friends that you already have to promote your page to them. Not everyone will follow, but if your content is good, they will promote for you, which leads to my next tip:

3. Post Great Content:

Not everyone is into the boring text posts that most companies post. This is why they lack a following. Get INTERACTIVE! Its been proven that posting more picture and video content reacts way better than just the standard text post. When it comes to pictures, make sure they are clear photos that vividly describe the scene! Pictures can convey a message, or bring emotion. Video however will ultimately draw the most in! People love to see you embarrassing yourself but more importantly, video content gives your followers and potential followers a chance to see what your company is really about!

4. Post Consistently:

The sad truth is that most companies fail in this area. They go through the steps of creating a good page, and then drop the ball when it comes to posting. Most excuses are ” we don’t have the time to and we don’t have the funds to hire someone to do it for us”. If you can carve out an hour a day then you can post consistently. Posting consistently to your company page gives you credibility. When someone goes to your page and sees that you haven’t posted in the last 3 weeks, they don’t really have a reason to stick around. When you have a steady flow of content on your page, it allows users to make an informed decision on whether or not to follow you!

5. Don’t Be Afraid To Invest:

Oh no not my money! If that’s what comes to mind when it comes to Facebook advertising, then you don’t understand Facebook. Lets help you understand. There are over 7 billion people in the world, with over 1 billion of those being active Facebook users!! Wait what? Yeah over 10% of the WHOLE world is using Facebook. Now lets break down how that applies to you. So, Facebook takes all 1billion plus users and monitors their interests, likes and dislikes. They then take that data and figure out how businesses can utilize it. That’s called targeting an audience. Now you come along and invest in paid advertising on Facebook.That then allows you to target YOUR audience while Facebook only shows your Ad to those that are interested in what it is that you do. There really is no other online form of advertising like it. In other words, take some of your advertising budget and put it towards creating a good Facebook campaign and watch the leads come. There have been tons of companies that have raised there revenue using Facebook advertising.

Hope this helps somone!

I have a blog here http://www.7thleveldevelopment.com/blog/ where I give tips on marketing, web design, technology etc...

I was reading your post and i came on conclusion that your post contains nice information on Social Media Marketing. This post will be helpful to those people who are new in SMM. Thanks for the post.
  • rogerwrogerw subscriber Posts: 1
    Great articles,

Its good information for social media bussines.
    Hello, Welcome to my personal blog.
  • PatriciaTaylorPatriciaTaylor subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    There are numerous ways of marketing on social media. Few of the most effective tips are as follows:
    Analyze your post content to improve the next content.
    Try to optimize your visual content with relevant links.
    Create social media channel plan to enlarge your reach.
    Consistency in posting blogs.
    Strategically using Hashtags. :geek: ;)
    Boost your Instagram presence - Use Instagram panel for resellers
    split your auto likes, comments naturally.
    Register for free and get 5$ to test the services.
  • ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
    Social Media Marketing Tips:-
    1.Push your handles
    2.Join in on weekly hashtag themes like #ThrowbackThursday
    3.Vines
    4.Keep social tabs on competitors
  • AliceArifovaAliceArifova subscriber Posts: 38 Bronze Level Member
    edited October 2016
    yes i am 100% agree with you ,great information regarding social media marketing ,i think social media channels and groups are playing great role in marketing ,
  • mansishende123mansishende123 subscriber Posts: 46 Bronze Level Member
    Social Media Marketing Tips :-
    Keep Posting, Just Keep Posting’ at Digital Dory
    Publish Content That’s Specific to Your Audience
    Create Google Alerts
    Request Customer Reviews
    Update Your Google+ Page
  • mansishende123mansishende123 subscriber Posts: 46 Bronze Level Member
    Make it about them, not you.
    Ask questions.
    READ READ READ!
    Use Facebook advertising and LinkedIn advertising.
    Listen and engage.
  • carolfordencarolforden subscriber Posts: 2
    Great article! I would add be authentic, honest and transparent. There is nothing wrong with being human. Tell your story, make it relatable and sharable. Storytellling creates an emotional connection , which when shared creates a brand. Consumers today create brands, not companies.

Cheers!
  • TabassumTabassum subscriber Posts: 14 Bronze Level Member
  • abdelrhmanabdelrhman subscriber Posts: 35 Bronze Level Member
    I agree with you but when it comes to investing , when i try to get U.S traffic they will absoultly charge me my whole budget so i have to think more than one time to start invest in this socical website .

Thanks for the tips
    Abdelrhman
    Special Discount - 50% For SN Members for Logos , Banners , Website Designs , Business Cards
    www.webpixiee.com
  • alyssa.redkitealyssa.redkite subscriber Posts: 4
    Great tips you've got there! I'd also like to include this: consistency is key! If you're inconsistent with your social media postings, you might lose some of your followers. So just keep posting relevant information that they'll be able to make use of. Remember, it's not about you or your product, it's about them.
    "At first you feel your heart run faster, you have calculated everything, the wind and the speed, then you let go, and you smile when know that the only way now is up!"
    Redkite Internet Marketing & Web Design- Let's Soar Together!
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    Social Media Marketing Tips are a huge topic for discussion.Their are few tips are here ...Switch Up Content Formats,Create a Social Media Channel Plan,Deliver Content Consistently,Host Private Hangout On Air Events,Use Hashtags Strategically,Test Pinterest for Your Brand
  • anushkachhakrabartianushkachhakrabarti subscriber Posts: 219 Silver Level Member
    Social Media Marketing Tips are a huge topic for discussion.Their are few tips are here ...Switch Up Content Formats,Create a Social Media Channel Plan,Deliver Content Consistently,Host Private Hangout On Air Events,Use Hashtags Strategically,Test Pinterest for Your Brand