WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Make $3K a month with an online business - your review

DreamedFortuneDreamedFortune subscriber Posts: 6
edited December 2016 in Website Critique
Hello,

What do you think about my website? It's about how to make $3K a month with an online business:

http://dreamedfortune.com

Have a nice day!
Sebastian
Start an online business with a blog and break free: http://dreamedfortune.com

Comments

• Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Two things I immediately notice off the bat:

1. You have a section where it says "AS FEATURED IN," and then you have the Forbes and MSN logos. When you click on either logo, it takes you to your about page and makes no reference to being featured on either one of those sites. Those links should take you to the articles where you were featured in, otherwise it doesn't look credible.

2. You need to change the copy to reflect your expertise and how you can help these businesses grow. My honest opinion is that the current copy on the home and about pages makes this website look like a scam, and I hope that is not what you are bringing into this forum. It also has a few lightbox pop-ups, which Google has recently cracked down on for SERP.

Also, on your about page, on the second line, it says "Dreamed Fortune will help you earn $3000K per month..." You should change that, as $3000K is redundant ($3000K would mean $3,000,000). I do believe you mean $3K or $3,000.

Just my advice.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • DreamedFortuneDreamedFortune subscriber Posts: 6
    Thanks RyanOBleness for your feedback!

My site is not a scam but I understand your perception. I need to work on my credibility but it is a long process. If you look deeper you will notice all the articles I wrote and the energy I put in helping people start an online business. All these articles are in the "blog" section and the 3 most useful are featured on the homepage.

I removed the links to the "About" page to improve my credibility.

I think that if someone wants to become a prince, he has to behave like a prince.
    Therefore I do my best in helping people start a business and I will become more credibile with time as I will create more valuable articles and guest posts on other reference websites.

Also, in the "About" page I explain that the aim is to earn 3K a month with an online business in order to escape the 9-5 in your company. That's an objective and I think it is achievable within 1 year. I hope people will understand that.

For the popups I know it's annoying but I need to build my mailing list.
    I hope I will find a solution to be well ranking on Google.

Thanks again for your advice

Any other opinions?

Regards
    Do you have links to the articles you were featured on for Forbes or MSN? I would put those links into the logo if possible.

I understand the pop-ups, but you may want to consider moving your content offers to side bar or at the end of your blog posts. That is best practices for inbound marketing.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    Thank you Ryan. No I don't have links for Forbes & MSN. I noticed a lot of other websites do the same without adding links so it's common practice..

I updated the frontpage with a different title and I hope you will not perceive it as a scam anymore. I added a section talking about me and the objective of the website.

I added a link pointing to my Twitter account in the footer.

Is it better like that? Thanks again for your useful feedback!

Sebastian
    Hi, Sebastian:

Looks better and more natural to me. I am not a designer or developer, so I can't give you much advice in those technical aspects, but a lot of others in this forum can.

I'm glad you found my advice useful, though.

Best,
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
    Thanks a lot Ryan, it was very helpful! :)

Have a nice day
    If you can track down that content from Forbes or MSN you were featured in, I would strongly recommend adding that on your website. It will immediately increase your credibility.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • abdelrhmanabdelrhman subscriber Posts: 35 Bronze Level Member
    So if I go and implement your methods I will make a 3k ?? :D
    What about making your banner wider to fill the empty in the cover area ?
    Pretty good design but it really needs some design issues and it will be good to go :) ..

Hope That help
    Abdulrahman
    Special Discount - 50% For SN Members for Logos , Banners , Website Designs , Business Cards
    www.webpixiee.com
    Yes you are right abdelrhman, there is a lack of credibility. I changed the site title. Which one do you prefer?

1. Start an Online Business with a Blog and Break Free
    2. Make Money Blogging and Break Free

"What about making your banner wider to fill the empty in the cover area ?"

Yes maybe it's a good idea but I don't think this area is so empty.
    For the design issues I'm sure you're right as I'm not a designer but I do my best.

If you have some more recommendations, I'm listening

Thanks
  • nanik88nanik88 subscriber Posts: 1
    how to make business online maybe a bit complicated
  • HomerBluthHomerBluth subscriber Posts: 6
    Can't say that I am a fan of the in-your-face stream of pop-up ads. If I want to engage with your services, I will click one of your buttons, like "YES, I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO START MY BUSINESS AND GET MY BONUS!" or "TELL ME MORE". I don't think people will appreciate the popups, when less intrusive ways of contacting you are already right in front of our eyes. Good luck with your site!
  • TfreemanTfreeman subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    If you need legit 'featured in links' just do a press release. You can at least slide by with 'featured in CBS news' even though it's a press release.