WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

File/Folder Organization System?

AlexanderVJAlexanderVJ subscriber Posts: 2
edited August 2016 in Business Planning
Does anyone have experience with digital folder/file organization for small businesses? I'm specifically looking for 'systems' - something like COTA but not COTA because I dont like it, to help organize and make it easy to file/find files in a folder hierarchy structure.

Any advice at all is welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Charlie PCharlie P subscriber Posts: 84 Silver Level Member
    This really depends on what type of files you are needing to organize. Like if you are a website design company, your file system will be very different then if you are a realtor or retailer. So, if you could give more information of the type and number of files you are trying to organize we may be able to help more.
  • aboood.ibrahimaboood.ibrahim subscriber Posts: 5
    Charlie P wrote:
    This really depends on what type of files you are needing to organize. Like if you are a website design company, your file system will be very different then if you are a realtor or retailer. So, if you could give more information of the type and number of files you are trying to organize we may be able to help more.

Yes you are saying right that it depends on the types of file which you want to organize.because on the base of your business, the files will vary .
  • AThompsonAThompson subscriber Posts: 10
    Evernote is good for that kind of stuff... I still prefer the old school filing cabinets, but Evernote can be really useful!
  • valikkavalikka subscriber Posts: 20 Bronze Level Member
    Anyone else interested in this question?