WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

You Know You're Ready to Start It Up When...

RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
edited November 2016 in Business Planning
Sometimes it's hard to pull the trigger and start it up.

So for inspiration (and commiseration?!), I thought I'd invite folks to finish this sentence:

"You know you're ready to start it up when...."

I'll kick it off.

Comments

• RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    You know you're ready to start it up when you've got your elevator pitch so down pat that you go on a hike an hour before your pitch meeting with investors.

(I just did that, by the way. Let's see how it works!)
  • Charlie PCharlie P subscriber Posts: 84 Silver Level Member
    You know you are ready to start when you have filed all the necessary forms and received all the necessary inventory. (Obviously depends on the business type, but I like this thread already!)
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Other than having the necessary startup capital, I would say you know you're ready to start it up when you have a good branding idea, and understand how it connects with the market. I think that is a vital part of your overall business plan/idea. How does your product, service or idea help solve problems for customers or fulfill their need, and how do you position your company?

Additionally, you'll be ready when you have a well-thought-out plan in place. It isn't wise to go in blindly. Know both the risks and rewards to owning a business like the back of your hand -- there are many of each.
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • RazgrizRazgriz subscriber Posts: 13
    You know you're ready to start it up when....

You decide that you want to be a leader rather than a follower.

Once you get into the proper mindset, then you can truly get into planning and execution.
  • RichRich administrator Posts: 582 Site Admin
    Love it!

You know you're ready to start it up when...

It's all you can think about.
  • chetan_kamblechetan_kamble subscriber Posts: 1
    You know you are ready to start up when you have necessary capital, and know how to connect to your prospective clients.
  • Yo@nn@Yo@nn@ subscriber Posts: 4
    You know you're ready to start it up when you feel sure in yourself; when you have established, what you're good at, what you want to do and when you have come up with good strategy for development.
  • PatriciaTaylorPatriciaTaylor subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    You Know You're Ready to Start It Up When.
    You have the capability to execute and direct your plan successfully and proper resources.
    Boost your Instagram presence - Use Instagram panel for resellers
    split your auto likes, comments naturally.
    Register for free and get 5$ to test the services.
  • alohasteph06alohasteph06 subscriber Posts: 7
    You Know You're Ready to Start I Up When...

You not only have a plan
    know your customer
    know how to reach your customer
    understand the profitability model

but most importantly...
    have identified all the things that scare you or you don't know how to do or the things that are not your cake and you have a SOLID plan in place to take care of those things rather than just putting them off until they can't be put off any longer. It doesn't mean just passing them off but a real understanding of how they work, how they will be handled and how they fit in with the rest of your business.

I find that most entrepreneurs hide from those things and in the end it is the difference between win and lose or between creating another job for yourself and real success. Those I help tell me that once they start addressing all the the uncomfortable stuff that doesn't come naturally, they feel more confident that they can handle what comes their way. That confidence is critical to success.
  • minhthuminhthu subscriber Posts: 1
    thanks you .i think this would be a hard question to answer. After all, everyone who asks has differing motivations, different plans, different resources--so the answer has to be different for each person, right?
  • QuickFMSQuickFMS subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    You know you're ready to start it up when you have complete resources including funding, detailed market research depending upon the nature of your business. Its really important to have a strategical plan of your startup before you get start.
  • ridgejoh@2017ridgejoh@2017 subscriber Posts: 23 Bronze Level Member
    I say pull the trigger and get started NOW. Many people get "paralysis analysis" and can't run to first base. Everything you need to get started you have now! Begin where you are!

You may not have any funding, proper research, resources, etc....the idea is to BEGIN!

You Are Ready Now! :D
    John Ridgeway
    https://rusecurenow.com/
    #1 Business Security Website for Information and Solutions