WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Looking for various Techniques to Drive traffic to my Website

gayatri36gayatri36 subscriber Posts: 29 Bronze Level Member
edited July 2016 in Business Planning
I want to Start an eCommerce portal for my business. I know about basics of website and it's advantages but little known about Inbound Marketing. I want to attract my target market to my website. Guys please help .

Comments

• Options
    harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    Every startup needs some medium to grow up business or traffic, etc. This technology world provides a lot of opportunities to increase traffic. Some are Blog post, social media sharing on Twitter, LinkedIn, etc, do both on & off page seo techniques.
  • Options
    Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    Search engine optimization is obviously key. That means following SEO protocols such as having good content with focus keywords, meta descriptions, alt text on photos incorporating those same keywords, article tags, properly formatted URLs and slugs, making sure your internal/external links lead to correct page and not to 404 errors, etc.

If you use WordPress, the Yoast SEO plugin is a great tool. Optimizely is another great platform for SEO efforts, with its A/B testing capabilities (that may require some additional coding, though).

Other ways to drive traffic include sharing your website content on social media platforms (your personal accounts as well, just don't be too pushy with it), creating a blog linking content to your website (follow top bloggers and see what they are doing to drive traffic), and also consider other forms of media like helpful videos explaining your products -- at the end of the video make sure to tell your viewers to visit your website to find these products and provide the URL on-screen. Again, your blog and social sites would be perfect places to post a video.

Don't underestimate the power of word of mouth, either. Print business cards and hand them out. In this day and age, we've kind of lost touch with personal interaction. I think it is the most effective way to truly connect with somebody. You should be exploring every possible avenue to market your business. You'll also want to have consistent brand messaging when posting your content to various platforms.

You'll also want to make sure your site is indexed by the big search engines such as Google and Bing -- this doesn't always happen quickly, especially since Google's algorithm is constantly changing. Neil Patel has a good article relating to indexing your website. He knows much more on the subject than I do: http://neilpatel.com/2015/12/31/how-to-get-google-to-instantly-index-your-new-website/

I am no SEO expert, but I hope this advice helps!
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • Options
    darshan.nimblechappsdarshan.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 42 Bronze Level Member
    I am totally agreed with RyanOBleness about Search Engine Optimization is the key to get the niche traffic to any website. You need to be loyal with your all SEO techniques.

There are many ways available to get the traffic to your website. Below are some of them:

-> Your website must be up to date if you wanted to get good traffic.
    -> Keep your website updated regularly with the new blog on your website.
    -> Keep sharing your blogs on all social media channels to get the niche traffic to your website.
    -> Content is still the king. You can work on content marketing to get the good traffic.
    -> Guest posting is another proven ways to get the traffic to your website.
    -> Participating in forum's niche threads also helps you to get traffic.

Hope it will help you.
    SEO Manage at Save Contact Form 7 & Nimblechapps, a fast-grawing Android Game Development & Website Design Company.
  • Options
    Charlie PCharlie P subscriber Posts: 84 Silver Level Member
    Targeted Facebook ads. You can run a serious marketing campaign for pretty cheap. Before doing this you should follow all the above. If the site isn't on point, then getting people there will make a bad first impression and they are likely to never comeback.