WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Is Web based business good?

AloneentreprenuerAloneentreprenuer subscriber Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2017 in Selecting a Business
Hi everyone I am a new member of this community I am form Bangladesh which has not too much opportunities to do some great business but I started a Web Developlent company now it's really my hard time to find clients and getting project. Actually I started up that based on my passion for web development actually I am a web developer and built more than 200 websites including 40-50 online stores. Now I have need advice from you guys how I can increase my business opportunities?

Note: No money left to spend for traditional marketing

Comments

• kshifterskshifters subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Hello there,

Web based business is good, but it all depends on your experience. Starting a web based business is just like traditional(?) business. It needs time, effort, and persistence in building your web presence. But it will also depend on what you want your business to be. You can join an online community like upwork.com. Building your business using social media is a good place to start if you are lacking the funds.

If you have a different vision on how you want your business to be, you can leave us a message and let's chat about it.
    Shift your focus on what really matters
    Nico Hipol | General Manager

www.keyshifters.com
  • zipp853zipp853 subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    A "web business" is just as vague of an expression as "business". What kind of business are you thinking? SEO? Product creation & marketing? Since you want to make money, I suggest build a service-based business and sell your web developer skills. That's the quickest way to make money. Since you've already built websites, it means you have a portfolio to show potential clients - great!

Now, as for getting clients itself, that's the trickiest part. The first thing I would ask for is referrals - you've made 200 websites in the past. This means you have 200 former clients to contact, and ask them if they know somebody who could use your services. Since they're entrepreneurs, there's a good chance they know other entrepreneurs who need a website. You can even offer them a commission for a referral - for example, if you close a website at a $1000, offer them a $100 referral fee.
  • AloneentreprenuerAloneentreprenuer subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Hi thanks I have already a strong portfolio I don't want to use upwork i want to establish my own one I mean I want client from my website you can checkout www.Digitaldevelop.net actually I want to help online entrepreneurs who needs online store or personal websites too

Let me know how can I do that?!
  • kshifterskshifters subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    Hello again,

I checked your site, and you and your team know what you're doing. Having said that, I have questions in mind, I apologize if this is inappropriate, but I was wondering, why are you offering online marketing services if you are having trouble finding clients yourself? Also, your team has a solid experience foundation, not really sure why you're asking for help.

I'm assuming it's your first time finding clients online. There are a lot of opportunities out there that you can find your clients on a tight (zero) budget, but it might take some time finding someone who'd do business with you.

Here are things you can do to increase business opportunities
    1) Build presence in social media. Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook etc
    2) Send e-mails to potential clients
    3) Make sure your site is search engine optimized (probably one of the things your are missing right now)
    4) Join forums and groups and be active (just like what you're doing right now)
    5) Add call-to-action on your site

These are 5 things you can do right now to increase business opportunities. Just remember that following these strategies might take time before you start seeing significant changes in increase on business opportunities
    Shift your focus on what really matters
    Nico Hipol | General Manager

www.keyshifters.com
  • harryventharryvent subscriber Posts: 48 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Aloneentreprenuer,
    First, I congrats your web developing company. Many entrepreneurs or startup business need some promotions to boost up their business. If you want to increase business growth, you have to do marketing your business like share in social media, blog post, tell about your web developing company using Image, videos and send an email to many target audience. In my startup stage, I have been using Apptivo marketing tool. Try to improve your site organic traffic with help of both on and off page seo techniques. I hope this information will helpful.
  • QuickFMSQuickFMS subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    In this digital world, it's a must for your business to be on web. having your business on web provides you a large number of customers and market area. You can have a huge success for your web based business but you must have to get it optimized well.
  • intersmartintersmart subscriber Posts: 1
    Web based business is always a good option. But you have to wait for sometime to get the required output from the business because these type of business need time to success. And also you have to face tough competition from others in these industry because nowadays a lot of companies are entering into this field. But if you can find success it is the best way to run a medium scale business enterprise
    kshifters wrote:
    Hello there,

Web based business is good, but it all depends on your experience. Starting a web based business is just like traditional(?) business. It needs time, effort, and persistence in building your web presence. But it will also depend on what you want your business to be. You can join an online community like upwork.com. Building your business using social media is a good place to start if you are lacking the funds.

If you have a different vision on how you want your business to be, you can leave us a message and let's chat about it.

Hey thanks , yes I have a solid professional team and we actually get work from the company portal we are listed as expert . But that is too slow, is there any way to do organic marketing? I just put marketing there but I have not really a marketing team to grow and I am in a tight budget to do my own marketing as well
  • PRGuyDCPRGuyDC subscriber Posts: 20
    Starting web business is not harder than local business.. Yes you are competing against more people but you also reach out to more people.

I would go out and start testing different ways of finding business (A/B) testing. Do not expect to succeed right away, but if you do, then do not expect it to be the case everytime.

Be patient and do not rush. Sometimes it will get hard and you feel it is the end of the world, but trust me, this is the case for every person starting a business.

Try to diverse when you can and get input of people that you trust that they have experience.
    A startup Tech Guy who is getting is starting PR on the side with mentality, you pay only if covered.
  • Helen LarsenHelen Larsen subscriber Posts: 58 Bronze Level Member

Of course.In my opinion it's the best kind of business. 

It has a very little risk.Whether you decide to operate from a spare bedroom or a garage, your new business can be up and running quickly and with very little risk. 

It is flexible. With an internet business, you can choose when you want to work and where you want to work. 

Also you'll get a personal fulfillment. Running your own business online can be a very rewarding and gratifying experience. 

To improve your chances of success in business, it’s essential that you do your homework and research your business idea. Identify your target market and analyze the competition. And then start to realize it.

• Alex NickAlex Nick subscriber Posts: 6 Member
    How to increase? Go with affiliate marketing to expand your reach and find new leads and new business parteners. I have a few free tools i can recommend to you that me and a few milions of other persons use.
    Hi Nick thanks for the tips , can you please recommend those tools ?
  • saravanansaravanan subscriber Posts: 389 Silver Level Member

E-commerce

If products and services are now more easily accessible, it is thanks to e-commerce. It allows to expand the boundaries of your business, effectively reaching your target audience in different part of the world.

• BethelsoftBethelsoft subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2019

Of course digital marketing is one of the the best way of your business growth,because currently every one searching a thing for a new way its online platform.it helps more facility to look out which one is better which one is good .so you can select web based marketing