WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Getting 100 user per day on a website

AlberAlber subscriber Posts: 2
edited October 2016 in Grab Bag
I've been tasked with the challenge of getting 100 website visits per day, without spending any money. The idea is that if I get enough customers I can use google analytic to identify the user stats and improve conversion metrics. I have little marketing experience and up until now I have had an average of 12 user in the last 2 weeks.

What is are ways to get 100 clicks per day on a website? Any advise is welcome :)
SolidTimesheet, time tracking made easy
Check it out :D

Comments

• djonedjone subscriber Posts: 5
    Try to utilize of Social Media as most as you can. You have to invite all your friends for your social pages and join the groups and communities in which the most number of people joined and which must be target oriented.
    These kind of activities might help you to get 100 visits/day.
  • ShireenShireen subscriber Posts: 3
    I think it would depend on what the website is about. I too would agree social media is a good option, but there's a lot of groups and people posting their websites all over the places. I think the best way is to use social media to create conversations. Also depending on the nature of the website you can try free platforms like a classified such as kijiji . Videos do very well too as far as attracting attention - get creative, and post your own video on Youtube, you never know?

Hope that helps.
    Shireen
    - a copywriter
  • ShireenShireen subscriber Posts: 3
    I think it would depend on what the website is about. I too would agree social media is a good option, but there's a lot of groups and people posting their websites all over the places. I think the best way is to use social media to create conversations. Also depending on the nature of the website you can try free platforms like a classified such as kijiji . Videos do very well too as far as attracting attention - get creative, and post your own video on Youtube, you never know?

Hope that helps.
    Shireen
    - a copywriter
  • zipp853zipp853 subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    The responses above are correct - social media would play a major role in that.

However, I would also suggesting starting a company blog, writing GREAT content that the people in this industry want to read. You can the share this blog post in places like stumbleupon, reddit, and other social bookmarking sites. Even hacker news, possibly - depending on your niche.

Try this: write to 100 experts in your niche, ask them a question your target audience craves an answer for, gather the responses (you'll get 10-20 if you do this correctly), turn it into a blog post. This type of post would create a LOT of value and is very likely to be shared around.

Tip: also get back to the experts and ask them to share it too!

And don't just do it once - do it a couple of times.
  • PRGuyDCPRGuyDC subscriber Posts: 20
    Easy steps would be:
    1) Build more content on your website relevant to your field. a blog is good.
    2) make your site SEO freindly.
    3) make your site mobile friendly
    4) write content in other sites (forums, comments, yahoo answers) and offer answers about people in your field or your potential clients, the more they find you as a trusting source and view you hopefully as a subject matter expert, then you will be getting more visitors.
    5) ask experts or people with media exposure to help review you or cover your material.
    6) this is good but do not count too much on it, try to use HARO where reporters ask for tips and you can cover your tip and in return sometimes they mention you or your website name

You tube how-to also help
    A startup Tech Guy who is getting is starting PR on the side with mentality, you pay only if covered.
  • KatherineKKatherineK subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    zipp853 wrote:
    The responses above are correct - social media would play a major role in that.

However, I would also suggesting starting a company blog, writing GREAT content that the people in this industry want to read. You can the share this blog post in places like stumbleupon, reddit, and other social bookmarking sites. Even hacker news, possibly - depending on your niche.

Try this: write to 100 experts in your niche, ask them a question your target audience craves an answer for, gather the responses (you'll get 10-20 if you do this correctly), turn it into a blog post. This type of post would create a LOT of value and is very likely to be shared around.

Tip: also get back to the experts and ask them to share it too!

And don't just do it once - do it a couple of times.

This is almost exactly what I was going to write. Creating high quality blog content is a great way to generate traffic and cultivate a unique voice.

But keep in mind that consistency is almost as important as great content. As zipp853 said, do it a couple times! Posting regularly 3 or 4 times a week will ensure people remember you and keep coming back.
  • thomaskbanksthomaskbanks subscriber Posts: 1
    Social media will help you get visits to your website but the way in which you asked the question I think you want organic search results so you can see the data to get better conversions.

To achieve this the best way is to:

1) Write content that is searched for in your area of business (use google keyword planner to get ideas)
    2) Write engaging and interesting content (I advise people to try to use story as there way to write content)
    3) Contact other websites with established audiences to guest post
    4) Create videos on youtube (youtube is the 2nd biggest search engine)

There are lots and lots of ways you can get 100 visitors per day, just take action and you will get there in no time.
  • Jessie HookieJessie Hookie subscriber Posts: 351 Silver Level Member

Target low compition keywords and start posting blog post on that targeted keywords. Slowly slowly your blog getting rank and start getting traffic. Run FB ads if possible to get quick results. Write interesting articles, Use Social Media sites, share your content on high pa da sites.