WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

New guy! Need help to start!

resnicdanresnicdan subscriber Posts: 3
edited August 2016 in Business Planning
Hello everyone, my name is Dan Resnic and I've been lurking the forums for a while but just decided to join.

I'm creating a very simple collaborative delivery system (combining ideas from Ubr RUSH and Amazon now). Basically the idea is to have companies register (dry cleaners, restaurants, etc etc) and provide them with a network of drivers that upon request will come and pick up the item. Benefit to the driver is that they can make as many pickups as the system will allow, depending on what items they have (i.e. if they have food, flowers, etc the system wont allow more pickups until those are delivered) and have google map's api reconfigure the route. They get to keep the tips plus most (or maybe all, not sure yet) of the delivery fee.

I'm a mechanical engineer with some understanding of developing, but its definitely not my forte. I've been dealing with freelancers to have an MVP made, which consists of the iOS app, web admins and api's for a relatively cheap amount (I need to boot strap hard, at least until my concept is proven).

My question is (other than a website) what else would I need? My main concern is that whatever I make wont crash

I haven been able to find a more technical partner but I still want to go and figure things as I go, you know what they say, If you're not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you launched too late

Comments