WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Email Marketing ?

gayatri36gayatri36 subscriber Posts: 29 Bronze Level Member
edited October 2016 in Grab Bag
I am looking for Email Marketing campaign for our furniture Business. Can anyone explains me about the spending on Email Marketing. Also give some tips to improve the Campaign.

Comments

• HelenBrianHelenBrian subscriber Posts: 1
    As far as I understood the question is about finances for the e-mail campaign. Am I right?
  • mattcocomattcoco subscriber Posts: 5
    There are a million email tools for sending email. I use ConvertKit for my email marketing. I wrote an article on it compared to Mailchimp - this article goes through many of the features and the pricing. Here it is ConvertKit vs MailChimp

ConvertKit is light, and simple to use - starts at $29 US a month. It's also as powerful as you will need for a while if you're just starting out.

I recommend a Newsletter Email, and a basic email sequence (drip mail campaign)

The newsletter allows you to send deals, news, promotions, etc to your entire list.

The email sequence allows you to send several emails to a new subscriber to perform a small sales cycle through email. This, if you ask me, is where the power is.

Priority #1 is building an email list. Start with your customers. When they make a purchase add them!

Good luck, I hope this helped. Let me know if you have anymore questions about the drip stuff. It's pretty fun stuff.
  • argonassetmanagementargonassetmanagement subscriber Posts: 11
    Email marketing is a type of direct digital marketing that uses electronic mail as the marketing communication delivery method. Email marketing is used in a number of ways by organizations and marketers for brand and customer loyalty building, acquiring or converting customers, company advertisements, or for communicating promotional offers and more.

Here some tips of Email marketing.

Build an acquisition strategy
    Optimizing for mobile is extremely important
    Your data should always be relevant
    Personalize email whenever possible
    Email drives accessibility across-channels
    Get their permission to use it
    Email drives deals
    Sharing isn’t just for social networks
    Did they abandon before they bought?
    Automate your post-purchase messages
  • zipp853zipp853 subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    The cost is easy - you can get started with iContact, Aweber or Mailchimp really cheaply, and you'll only start paying more as you your list gets bigger (which means you'll be making more sales as well, so it won't be a problem).

The number one thing you need to think about is something completely different though, and this is:
    How are you going to get people's email addresses? Why should they give them to you?

"Sign up to our newsletter" isn't really appealing. Nobody wants more free spammy-feeling marketing emails to their already full inboxes.

So here's a tip: figure out what is something digital you can create, and then give away for free, people would be willing to trade their email for.

Since you're dealing with furniture, how about offering them a "10% or even a 20% off" coupon for their next order? (whatever you can afford). Sure, you'll make less on this one sale, but they'll be in your database for years (unless you start purely spamming them), and you'll make the 10% or 20% you lost back when they order again thanks to your email marketing campaign.

I hope this helps!
  • bharat.nimblechappsbharat.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 186 Silver Level Member
    Hi gayatri36

Here are few tips to improve email marketing campaign based on my experience

1. Create an intriguing, action-oriented email subject
    2. Make sure your graphics are eye-catching
    3. Don’t be misleading
    4. Use A Call to Action
    5. Avoid Sending Emails at Certain Times
    6. To ensure your email campaigns are opened and effective, pay close attention to what information you are sharing in your emails.
    7. Always analyze results and think of new ways to provide value to your members and customers.
    I am online marketer at Nimblechapps Web Development Company | Mobile Game Development Company
  • alonemanexalonemanex subscriber Posts: 1
  • PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    Hi Gayatri,
    This is a nice question that has been placed by you. Email marketing in today's world is of great importance. A successful email marketing campaign leads to business development to a large extent. Many email marketing tools are present in the market. However, each of these tools might not be affordable (if budget is a matter of concern for you). I am providing a link below that will give a list of affordable email marketing tools.
    https://www.formget.com/cheap-email-marketing-services/

Very recently, my company has been using a hybrid email marketing solution called EasySendy Pro, whereby we have to connect our SMTP server with this tool, and then we start sending out emails to our subscribers. It has increased our email deliverability rate to the subscriber's, open rate and click through rate. It is also a very affordable solution. I am providing a link below that will give you a full idea about EasySendy Pro.
    https://easysendy.com/

Apart from this, remember these few tips to carry out email marketing campaigns successfully.

Build your own Email Sending Reputation

Align Proper Sending Domain Name

Add Latest Format of DMARC Records

Add Sending Domain to Google Postmaster and Microsoft SNDS

Follow proper Warm Up Process

Add Mailbox to Email Sending Domain Name

Add Proper Email Headers

Measure Unsubscribe and Spam Compliant Rate

Use Proper Email Subject and Email Body Content

• Ziyapathan0143Ziyapathan0143 subscriber Posts: 150 Silver Level Member
    Email marketing is straightforwardly sending a business message, commonly to a gathering of individuals, utilizing email. In its broadest sense, each email sent to a potential or current client could be considered email marketing.
  • clapcreativeclapcreative subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    Hey If you gonna start Email Marketing campaign then please avoid automation Softwares and any email generator. do It manually.
  • rsmedyarsmedya subscriber Posts: 1 Member
    understanded.
    thanks for this share
  • RoshniRoshni subscriber Posts: 30 Bronze Level Member
    Thanks for this information. I also want this information.. Thank you for sharing this
  • maengmaeng subscriber Posts: 2 Member
    Helpful question and loads of info. Thanks for the post and answers.
  • dwk061000dwk061000 subscriber Posts: 11 Bronze Level Member
    If you're just starting out, I'd highly recommend using Mailchimp... they have free accounts if you have less than 2000 contacts. It's incredibly easy to use but at the same time have advanced features even for the seasoned email marketer.

I'd say the best learning tool is just doing it. Get a free mailchimp account and try it. Let me know if you have any specific questions from there.

Remember to always consider what kind of email you would want to receive yourself...
    www.danstravelguide.com 
    Travel Well, For Less
    It's my pleasure to help people travel more and well for less. 
  • Stren656Stren656 subscriber Posts: 17 Bronze Level Member
    edited April 2019
    I know this is an old discussion but just a very simple plan for anyone else looking at this discussion and trying to figure out a plan:

If I were you I'd start a blog on home decor and style, make it super personal. Post photos of interesting furtniture on instagram that links back to your blog where you have a sign up form and get their email onto a platform like mailchimp.

Then everytime someone signs up you can email them about new posts and even have a ready made automated set of emails to go out when they sign up with your best posts and then a final salesy email to get them to buy something.

That's a very simple campaign but you can get more complicated down the road as you grow bigger and in confidence i.e. tagging sign ups by interest i.e. they're into antiques or modern furniture etc.,.

Mailchimp is free for the first couple of thousand sign ups so all you're paying for is hosting for your site and the effort to set everything up which if you're not technical you might have to pay for but it shouldn't be a huge cost.
    Less work and more sales, check out:
    http://realtimecrm.co.uk
  • atikaatika subscriber Posts: 12 Bronze Level Member

I didn’t understand something, but why? can you explain to me?