WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

What is the Importance of Social Media for my Small Business

ankit007ankit007 subscriber Posts: 238 Silver Level Member
edited September 2016 in Social Media Marketing
I am a Regular user of Social Media Platforms like Facebook,Twitter and Google+. I am thinking to convert my offline Grocery Business into online Platform. I am looking for a Web Designer and Social Media Expert. I have few articles where I came to know,'Social Media is Playing very important Role for the Growth of the Business. Can anyone elaborate what Importance of Social Media and how to use it.

Comments

• bancodefomentobancodefomento subscriber Posts: 11
    Social Media is a best way to increase the conversion socially to the small business.
    Global Brands Magazine awarded Banco De Fomento as the Best Banking Performer Angola in 2016. 
  • website designerwebsite designer subscriber Posts: 13 Bronze Level Member
    People expect businesses to have Facebook and Twitter accounts, and they expect to be able to use them to get in touch with company representatives, if necessary.
  • argonassetmanagementargonassetmanagement subscriber Posts: 11
    social media is important for small business because it is a best way to increase traffic on your business. it is not more costly. so small business can easily this activity.
  • bancodefomentobancodefomento subscriber Posts: 11
    I agree with argonassetmanagement. it is a best way to generate traffic on your small business. you can also promote your business used by its.
    Global Brands Magazine awarded Banco De Fomento as the Best Banking Performer Angola in 2016. 
  • nandangjuaranandangjuara subscriber Posts: 4 Member
    Social Media is a best way to increase the conversion socially to the small business .. amazing
  • MichaelBucklesMichaelBuckles subscriber Posts: 27 Bronze Level Member
    Social media platforms such as Twitter and Linkedin are great for small business marketing and networking. Provide nice targeting options to get useful leads.
    Subscribe http://zanrafy.com to get useful tips to increase customer traffic
  • zipp853zipp853 subscriber Posts: 8 Member
    An important point I didn't see made in this thread is that social media is a way to connect to your customer repeadedly - again, again, and again. Let's say your business hit a financial hard spot and you need to come up with some cash quickly to pay for expenses - if you have a social media following you can just post a "48 hour flash sale" update for example, and cash in quite a bit of money really fast. The same goes for builing an email list - that's why it's so valuable. Instead of waiting for customers to come to you and visit your business once, and hopefully again some time down the road, you can now remind them about your business whenever you choose to do so.
  • Ryan O'BlenessRyan O'Bleness administrator Posts: 1,137 Site Admin
    There are some good thoughts here. I agree with Zipp853 that social media is a huge platform to repeatedly connect with customers. Additionally, it is also a two way street, where the voice of the customers can be heard: reviews, complaints, ideas for improvement, etc. This kind of feedback will only better your business. Always interact with these customers on social media in a tactful way, even if they're being difficult.

I also agree with Michael, social media allows for targeted ads and promoted posts, which can lead you to potential customers.

What I would add, though, is that social media is a low-cost marketing tool. You can promote your products, services, photos, and your entire brand on this huge platform while spending as little money as you want. Again, you can also advertise and promote posts for a small fee, but if you can afford it, it's not going to break the bank.

When sharing content from your website, it can also help with organic search efforts, as well as drive traffic from your social networks to your site, increasing page views and hopefully leading to engagement.

You may want to consider reading this article for additional tips regarding social media for small business:

https://startupnation.com/start-your-business/plan-your-business/small-businesses-can-keep-handle-social-media/
    Ryan O'Bleness
    Community Manager
    StartupNation, LLC
  • darshan.nimblechappsdarshan.nimblechapps subscriber Posts: 42 Bronze Level Member
    Simply because the entire world is all about Social Media nowadays. People are used to be online every second on all social media channels. Social media is the place where you can see what your customers are talking about. So, you can get the ideas about what they need.

We are currently living in a world where only traditional advertising strategies aren’t enough. As a owner of small business, everyone must need to be updated. Social media allows you to get personal with your customers. An effective social media strategy will definitely have a positive effect on your sales as it increases the overall exposure of your business, gets people talking about your business or services you provide.
    SEO Manage at Save Contact Form 7 & Nimblechapps, a fast-grawing Android Game Development & Website Design Company.
  • QuickFMSQuickFMS subscriber Posts: 36 Bronze Level Member
    Social media can't be ignored for any kind of business rather it is small or large. You can promote your business on social media platforms very fast and can build your brand that will be helpful in raising your business. It's just need to analyze your targeted and niche audience on social media according to your business. Then you can promote your business and products and get more and more customers.
  • webdesigner24x7webdesigner24x7 subscriber Posts: 4
    While social media presence is a must, don't always rely all your company efforts and movements on social media, you need to put strong attention and be much more focused on having a strong website that makes your company speak for itself. Then add social media to your marketing works! :)
    :arrow: Yolanda Granados | Freelancer Web Designer & Developer
  • AThompsonAThompson subscriber Posts: 10
    Aside from all the presence you can get from social media, you can also use tools like Facebook Ads (and even twitter) to split test/advertise your products.

It's never been so easy to own a successful online business.
  • Touch Digital MediaTouch Digital Media subscriber Posts: 3
    Social Media Marketing is a great way to connect with your customer and drive traffic. By sharing relevant information to your audience you begin to build brand awareness, brand authority and attract influencers who are passionate about your products. Use social media to gather feedback about your brand and how it is perceive by your potential customers. Monitor and join conversations happening in real time about your brand. Be consistent and you will build a vibrant and engaging community that is loyal to your brand.
  • PatriciaTaylorPatriciaTaylor subscriber Posts: 28 Bronze Level Member
    Social media offer great benefits to your business, it's a free way to promote your business online, you can generate a lot of traffic to your website using social media promotions. Social media will help you develop strong business relations with customers and gain potential clients and more business.
    Boost your Instagram presence - Use Instagram panel for resellers
    split your auto likes, comments naturally.
    Register for free and get 5$ to test the services.
  • amanshastry43amanshastry43 subscriber Posts: 63 Bronze Level Member
    Social media marketing play a key role in your site promotion best way to get huge traffic