WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

5 Startup Go-To-Market Strategy Tips

AcademyBridgeAcademyBridge subscriber Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2016 in Marketing
Go-To-Market strategy is the mechanism by which the startup proposes to deliver a unique value proposition to specific target market. That value proposition is based on the choices the business has made to focus on and its investments in markets and solutions that they believe will respond positively to the increased attention.

5 key questions:

WHO will we actively target within the market?
WHAT will be our product portfolio for target customers?
HOW MUCH will we charge for our products for different customers?
HOW will we promote our products to target customers?
WHERE will we promote and sell our products to target customers?

Watch Justin Wilcox, Founder of OnCompare, describes the critical steps in a go-to-market strategy for every startup.

http://www.academybridge.org/videogalle ... -strategy/

Good Luck With Your Startup!
Dr. G.L. Danford

Comments

• Lucy12Lucy12 subscriber Posts: 0
    Hi Dr.G.L.Danford

Go-To-Market strategy plays a very important role in familiarizing your new product to customers. In this process marketing team and sales team of the company plays a very important role. I was keen to know more about this strategy and my friend referred me to Go-To-Market Strategy template http://www.fourquadrant.com/product/go- ... ng-blocks/.
  • PhillipsPhillips subscriber Posts: 68 Bronze Level Member
    One of the most important task on the part of a startup is building their own brand name among a huge mass of people. This can be only achieved if they implement right marketing strategy to the process of their business development. As per your question, I am listing down below 5 marketing strategy which will work wonders fro a startup.

1. Implement email marketing to your business: Considered to be one of the most cost effective and efficient mode of marketing, email marketing can bring you a list of subscribers if implemented properly. Engage in building a healthy list of subscribers (whereby you'll asking their permission before they sign up to your website rather than stealing their email id from other website) if you want to build a long term relationship with them. Build your brand name by sending emails and newsletters to your subscribers.

2. Go ahead and promote your brand name by teaming up with a partner website.

3. Hold a promotional offer for the first time signups. This will allow more prospects signing up to your website.

4. Engage in writing blogs for your customers. Make sure to write a very interesting blog as per the interest of your subscribers so as captivate their attention thereby building a brand name for your startup.

5. Promote yourself on the social media platform as well. This will result in creating a huge traffic to your social media page thereby compelling your prospects to visit your website.
  • ashsummerashsummer subscriber Posts: 33 Bronze Level Member
    Those are perfect tips. To be succesful, any business owner has to keep pace with the innovative marketing methods. I personally attend different marketing events (like http://thecmoclub.com/events/ ). They help my business stay afloat.
  • PaulSCambellPaulSCambell subscriber Posts: 40 Bronze Level Member
    Here are some of the strategies that one can use for sales and marketing purpose.
    Review and update your customer profile.
    Make use of E-mail marketing for better results.
    Review and organize your marketing collateral.
    Document your sales and marketing strategy.
  • Steffi DsouzaSteffi Dsouza subscriber Posts: 98 Silver Level Member
    From my point of view...
    A startup's ability to go viral depends on two variables: time, and the 'viral .... #5 Diffusion of Innovation: Targeting Early Adopters. If you want to own the majority market share, your initial launch strategy and Below are some of the main online channels I'd recommend looking into, along with some tips on each.

• McCandlessMcCandless subscriber Posts: 52 Bronze Level Member
    Here's what I would recommend based on my experiences. I spearheaded customer acquisition and our company got cashflow positive in year 1 and acquired 2000+ customers.

Join a LinkedIn group that's jam-packed with people in your target market. For us, one of our target markets was social media consultants. So I found a LinkedIn group of social media consultants and joined it.
    Once you're in the group, you can message other members. I sent messages inviting people to become beta-testers for a soon-to-be-launched service. The early adopters opted in. I saw results within hours.