WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co

Funding for smartphone app

TylerDurden3TylerDurden3 subscriber Posts: 1
edited September 2015 in Startup Funding
So I have an idea for a smartphone app. I would definitely like to pursue it. Problem is that I am still studying and have no money. One plan of securing funds would be to build a prototype, and then get investors to invest. The only thing is the prototype is also going to cost money. Is there any way I can pursue this smartphone app? I will not be developing it.

Comments

• KnightNguyenKnightNguyen subscriber Posts: 6
    Dear Tyler. What you are attempting to do is difficult but not impossible. You must always remember that in order to launch a company you must be willing to do the following minimal things 1) Get a valid offering, 2) Register an offering, 3) Incorporate a business, 4) Put together a business plan, 5) get an office (even if it is a virtual office), 6) obtain a 1800 number, 7) put up a website. The biggest hurdle is deciding if what you want to accomplish is a hobby or a dream. You can be a very valuable contributor to app development working at a place that has the funding. You just have to remember owners are pioneers and need to show they are serious. Free advice on capitalizing a business. Hope that helps
  • StartupminionStartupminion subscriber Posts: 1
    Hi, i had heard this story many times. They got a big idea but are not capable of executing it due to limited time, money, or resources. Luckily, i had seen a group named 700 Dollar Startups. Its a organization that help people whi have big idea come into life in 7 days. Check their site might help.https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=133478890332356
  • HypeMIjaHypeMIja subscriber Posts: 1
    I am currently in the same situation and have some funding, nonetheless, would you mind sharing with me what your idea is, I can show you mines and would love if you could share some feedback.