WE'VE MOVED!

We are proud to announce our NEW community destination. Engage with resident experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and learn everything you need to start your business. Check out the new home of StartupNation Community at startupnation.mn.co
Options

Business idea for a property located next to a supermarket?

mbodhmbodh subscriber Posts: 1
edited June 2015 in Selecting a Business
Hello,

I am thinking about purchasing a mixed use property that is located next to a fairly large supermarket. The property will be used as a rental investment until I find the right business to open. Currently its a barbershop. The area is low income and Im hoping that I can create a business that will attract some of the supermarket traffic. There already is a laundromat across the street, and a liquor store is out because there is a church next door. Thanks for your feedback.

Comments

• Options
    eBizEriceBizEric subscriber Posts: 0 Member
    Fill a niche that the supermarket doesn't. For example, if they don't have a bakery then sell baked goods. You don't have to make the stuff on site either. There are lots of white label baked goods companies you can buy from and resell. If they don't sell flowers then you could put a flower shop in there.

With the church next door, try to think of something that the folks will need too.